Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Business class meals on TAP middle haul

Old Mar 1, 2023, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (Platinum), Eurobonus (Diamond), Marriott (Titatinum), British Airways Exec Club (Gold)

Hi,

I will be forced to fly with TAP in a couple of weeks (forced because I've been hating them from the day they lost my luggage then had it stolen under their surveillance and are refusing to compensate) and I'm wondering about catering in Executive Class on middle-haul flights.

I used to have hot meals with them (Paris-Lisbon) but had recent feedbacks telling me it was not the case anymore. Did they discontinue hot meals ? Do they service it only at certain times of the day ?

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 3:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Generally you should get hot meals in Executive cabins, as a general statement, even some domestic services have them. But there will be variations depending on the route and time of day, so shorter flights very late at night will be ambient temperature meals, and some night stops also have restrictions on the return sector. On mid haul services, there will normally be hot food.
bduperrin likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (Platinum), Eurobonus (Diamond), Marriott (Titatinum), British Airways Exec Club (Gold)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Generally you should get hot meals in Executive cabins, as a general statement, even some domestic services have them. But there will be variations depending on the route and time of day, so shorter flights very late at night will be ambient temperature meals, and some night stops also have restrictions on the return sector. On mid haul services, there will normally be hot food.
Thanks because if seen worrying things on french website flight-report....
Old Mar 1, 2023, 4:23 am
Original Poster

It seems that from ORY to LIS hot meals are served only at lunch and dinner hours.

By the way should I expect the same if the flight is operated by TAP Express (Portugalia) ?
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bduperrin
It seems that from ORY to LIS hot meals are served only at lunch and dinner hours.

By the way should I expect the same if the flight is operated by TAP Express (Portugalia) ?
Yes, in any case TAP Express is now integrated into TAP at an employment level.
asnovici likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:36 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
The rule is that hot meals are served at meal times (lunch and dinner) in all flights, except LIS-OPO, LIS-MAD and other short flights, and at all times in longer flights (3h or longer).
Old Mar 1, 2023, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tff
The rule is that hot meals are served at meal times (lunch and dinner) in all flights, except LIS-OPO, LIS-MAD and other short flights, and at all times in longer flights (3h or longer).
I hope they're not stingy and consider that 11.00 AM is meal time
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:49 pm
tff

I hope they're not stingy and consider that 11.00 AM is meal time
Hopefully. I know by experience that PXO departs at 11h40 and does have hot lunch served. Please do report back.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tff
Hopefully. I know by experience that PXO departs at 11h40 and does have hot lunch served. Please do report back.
I asked the airline on twitter. 11h00 is not meal team (even if you arrive at 13h30...)

They should state things more clearly.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 3:37 am

I asked the airline on twitter. 11h00 is not meal team (even if you arrive at 13h30...)

They should state things more clearly.
To be fair, you haven't disclosed the route either, so no one here can say "yes I was on that flight and yes there was a hot meal served". Mid-haul is usually meant to be 4 hours or longer, such as LIS-TLV or Cape Verde locations, and it's not clear that your flight is of that length.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 12:35 am
Original Poster

To be fair, you haven't disclosed the route either, so no one here can say "yes I was on that flight and yes there was a hot meal served". Mid-haul is usually meant to be 4 hours or longer, such as LIS-TLV or Cape Verde locations, and it's not clear that your flight is of that length.
Sorry I forgot ....; ORY-LIS
Old Mar 3, 2023, 2:36 am

Sorry I forgot ....; ORY-LIS
OK, that's a 90 minute flight, if departing at 11:00 it arrives at 13:30 due to the time zones. It's not really mid haul, LIS-PDL is slightly further and that's domestic. I would personally guess that it won't have hot food but hopefully I'm wrong!
Old Mar 3, 2023, 5:07 am
tff

OK, that's a 90 minute flight, if departing at 11:00 it arrives at 13:30 due to the time zones. It's not really mid haul, LIS-PDL is slightly further and that's domestic. I would personally guess that it won't have hot food but hopefully I'm wrong!
CWS, it's rather 2h30. In any case, the cold meal option is filling and high quality. Better than what AF serves in the same route and what LH serves in routes of similar length (and at all times, not only outside meal times).

Last edited by tff; Mar 3, 2023 at 5:33 am
Old Mar 3, 2023, 11:10 am

A similar question for LIS-FLR on Portugalia E190 at 7:10am & 2h50m flight - should we expect anything decent in business or plan to grab something at the airport? I'm guessing it'll be a continental breakfast based on the comments above, but not sure how good/bad they are.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 12:38 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
EU Airbus is hot (delicious) at mealtimes (you can choose your dish in advance, got an email a week ahead, had recently the best lamb chops ever on a plane) and Embraer cold, both with excellent ever changing wines, including bubbles and Port - all of Portuguese excellence. Can not wait to try their A330neo, they have an all Airbus fleet which is a good thing (except Portugalia's Embraer). Good to be spared historic B737 and noisy B777.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.