Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Seattle to Munich with Condor. Few questions !!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

We will be traveling from Seattle to Munich in end of August, with Condor. Through Condor website, we can book tickets and it will be like, Seattle to Frankfurt in Condor and then Frankfurt to Munich in Lufthansa. While returning also, it is same. Condor doesn't have best reviews, so I am little conscious about it, while my travel date is still far.

- In case, if first flight is delayed, will Condor take care of second part of flight or we may miss it ? All travel is booked on Condor flight only. While talking to Condor representative, she said that you can buy/assign seat only from Seattle to Frankfurt with us, but for Frankfurt to Munich seat assignment, you would need to do/check with Lufthansa. This is the reason, I am asking, how much responsible they would be, if first flight is delayed. One side stop is 1:40 hrs and returning stop is 2:25 hrs, so first part is tight.

- I have seen few examples with non-very-reputed airlines that due to some reasons, they re-adjust flight, specially when travel date is still far. Do airlines give option to refund money, if they have to change time/day ? These tickets are non-refundable.

Thanks
Old May 14, 2018, 12:46 am

Yes they'll be responsible in putting you on the next flight if the first one delays.
If the time schedule change is substantial, you can absolutely call and get a refund.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks. That takes my few worries away
Old May 14, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
1:40 in FRA is not tight. There may be some waiting time at the immigration, but the luggage is checked through. There are many flights from FRA to NUC, so you are safe.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

We will be traveling on Schengen visa. Will we be doing visa/immigration formalities at Frankfurt (first port of entry of Schengen area) or at Munich (final destination) ?
Old May 14, 2018, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by abhisheks77
We will be traveling on Schengen visa. Will we be doing visa/immigration formalities at Frankfurt (first port of entry of Schengen area) or at Munich (final destination) ?
Immigration in FRA plus an Extra Security Scan and Customs in MUC after Baggage Claim. Immigration in FRA may take a few minutes, but you are very comfortable with your connection time.

On the way back there is no extra Security in FRA.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for clarifying this. Second flight will reach Munich at 16:10. Considering extra Security Scan and Customs in MUC after Baggage Claim, is it safe to book time for picking rental car at 17:30 - 18:00 ?
I understand that there can be further checks, flight delay or any other factor, but I am going with average process, with no complications.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:16 pm

Thanks for clarifying this. Second flight will reach Munich at 16:10. Considering extra Security Scan and Customs in MUC after Baggage Claim, is it safe to book time for picking rental car at 17:30 - 18:00 ?
I understand that there can be further checks, flight delay or any other factor, but I am going with average process, with no complications.
The time indicated for a car rental is rather indicative. I'd give them 16:30 as there is a very remote chance that they'll have your car ready at 18:00 while you'll be waiting for it at 16:30...
Old May 16, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I wouldn't go as early as 16:30, but 17:00 should be just fine.

Extra scan and customs at Munich might take as little as no time at all, and usually would be minutes at most unless contraband is found.
Old May 16, 2018, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Thank you.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA S/AGR S+/MR G/SW CP/AA Plat
We prefer to travel on Condor from BWI to FRA but it is seasonal so we don't always get to fly them (had to fly WOW last week). But all of our flights to and from FRA have been good. We do prefer to book the premium class (premium economy) so that we get the extra legroom and the free (included with fare) IFE.

As far as not getting seat assignments FRA to MUC it is a very short flight so I would try not to worry too much about it.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Yes, thats what I will be doing. Thanks for giving more confidence :-)
Old May 17, 2018, 9:29 pm

Extra Security is in FRA for connecting.
Munich is a very convenient Airport. You will usualy arrive at a center gate positions, so it is a 2-5 Minutes Walk to the luggage belt. Luggage may take a few minutes to arrive. Customs takes no time, you just walk through. You are only pulled if you look suspicious, and the questioning is very effective.

17:00 is a realistic time to be at the counter. Provide a flight number. Even if you arrive late, they will take care of you.
Old May 18, 2018, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks.
I am still trying to find all combination of luxury car+Automatic+can drive in Italy area and on top of it, not expensive
Will book that for 17:00 as suggested

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.