Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vueling A320 Priority seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Vueling A320 Priority seats

Vueling is trying to sell row 2-4 for an extra $20. I just want to check in with you guys to see if they truly have more leg room? Seatguru shows everything in the same, but want to check with you guys first
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If they do, it's not much more than an inch. You are paying to be first off the plane and to board first to grab overhead bin space.

A useful double check is the price of the actual extra legroom seats at the emergency exit. (row 1 is Excellence)
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

can't book excellence as I bought an Optima fare. I also am traveling with a child, no exit row

They advertise it as more room, wonder if it is real or not
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
Rows 2-4 are not advertised as extra legroom but priority seats which only gives you priority boarding and front of the cabin seat... nowhere does it mention
extra legroom.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:36 am

Space is super tight on these planes only place with space is front row and emergency exit row.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by lehovec
Rows 2-4 are not advertised as extra legroom but priority seats which only gives you priority boarding and front of the cabin seat... nowhere does it mention
extra legroom.
https://www.vueling.com/en/vueling-s...oose-your-seat

It says "More Room" under Priority Seats (which are rows 2 to 4) - is this incorrect?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is slightly more room, it's not a transformative experience, perhaps a 1 cm or two. However if you are a single passenger, the chances are the seat next to you will be empty, it's rare to see these seats in use, and therefore your total room space may be quite good. That effect, however, can also be achieved by careful seat selection of the seating block directly behind Priority, for a lower cost. However if the flight is full, all seats will be allocated, including middle Priority.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL PM etc
I just flew Vueling twice on two A321s last week. We paid for the priority seats (row 2 both times). The legroom was not amazing but seemed to my eye to be ever so slightly more than general seating.

The real annoyance was that the FA on one flight claimed that the first two overhead bins on both sides of the aisle were reserved for row 1 (I forgot what those are branded but it's something like "excellence" or "premiere"). This, despite the fact that they block off the middle seats; there's no way four people are taking two entire bins worth of space. We in row 2 had to store our bags back around row 6 and the forward bins went mostly empty. Also they claimed the forward lav was inoperable but the FA kept using it himself.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
How about Space One seating (row one) on an A320 BIO-PMI? Is that truly extra room?
It is allowing me to select that seat for 18 euros more vs. 14 euros for space plus (rows 2-4) or 12 euros for space seats (rows 12-14).

According to seat guru 12 and 14 are exit rows, 12 doesn't recline. Also according to seat guru, they block the middle seat on rows 2-4 but I wonder if that's true for domestic flights.

Any experience to share?

Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
How about Space One seating (row one) on an A320 BIO-PMI? Is that truly extra room?
It is allowing me to select that seat for 18 euros more vs. 14 euros for space plus (rows 2-4) or 12 euros for space seats (rows 12-14).

According to seat guru 12 and 14 are exit rows, 12 doesn't recline. Also according to seat guru, they block the middle seat on rows 2-4 but I wonder if that's true for domestic flights.

Any experience to share?

Thanks!
the first row is bulkhead and looks to have considerably more room although no under-seat storage. Space (Plus) is maybe an inch more than the regular seats - so nothing to write home about, although with SP you can board in the first group and hence guarantee overhead bin space. 12/14 are exit row with the associated fitness and language requirements (on BCN-GRX the FA was happy with English and did not require fluency in Spanish). On rows 2-4, not sure if Vueling guarantees a blocked middle seat or if they just allocate those seats last (my guess is the latter). I would trust the airline’s T&Cs over seatguru. If they don’t mention a blocked middle then it is not guaranteed.

Fun fact: on European LCCs, if you don’t care about being seated next to your companion/group, it is usually possible to get a free, fairly good seat by checking in as late as possible just before the deadline. This increases the risk of missing the cutoff and losing your flight.

Last edited by Agneisse; Mar 11, 2019 at 10:35 am
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by beachfan
Seatguru is incorrect on seat blocking, the business class style provision died off some months ago. You can buy a second seat if you wish, directly from the website, and if the base fare is low the second seat won't be expensive either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.