Vueling lately anyone?

Old Apr 20, 18, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Vueling lately anyone?

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Mykonos from Los Angeles.

My only concern is the positioning flight from Mykonos to Barcelona. It's currently scheduled for 4:20am on Vueling in August. I've never flown them before, but I am reading some pretty bad reviews..Has anyone flown them? Are they as bad as the reviews state? I'd hate to have my flight cancelled and then have to book something last minute on my own in Mykonos.

Any feedback on them?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 20, 18, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, AZ, BA Silver: KL
Vueling are a typical low-cost carrier.

They hit the headlines last summer for having had several meltdowns at the BCN hub. This is not typical and those problems appear to be resolved.

I have flown Vueling many times and have never had reason to complain.

However, you should arrange to be back in BCN in good time for your longhaul flight - I would never take a risk (no matter who the airline) of missing my "main" flight and would always plan to get there the night before travel - which (in most cases, though from Mykonos it might not!) allow you sufficient scope to rebook yourself in case anything goes wrong.

You should not miss out on Barcelona/Sitges, so why not factor in some time between Mykonos and your flight (even if you are already spending time in BCN prior).
YOWCDNFF likes this.
Old Apr 20, 18, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Vueling are a typical low-cost carrier.
However, you should arrange to be back in BCN in good time for your longhaul flight - I would never take a risk (no matter who the airline) of missing my "main" flight and would always plan to get there the night before travel - which (in most cases, though from Mykonos it might not!) allow you sufficient scope to rebook yourself in case anything goes wrong.

You should not miss out on Barcelona/Sitges, so why not factor in some time between Mykonos and your flight (even if you are already spending time in BCN prior).
Thanks for the feedback, Irishguy. Yes--our flight is scheduled for Barcelona to arrive the morning of 8/3. The longhaul flight to the US is scheduled for the next morning 8/4. Glad to hear your experiences were decent. I'm just worried because most of what I've read was cancelled flights with little to no advance notice to passengers.
Old Apr 20, 18, 11:32 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, HH Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Marriott Silver
Flew Vueling twice last summer (to/from Rome). All on time - uneventful flight
Old Apr 20, 18, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks..good to know..
Old Apr 27, 18, 5:38 am

About 20 flights in last 12 months/ Always packed and I would say on average about 45 mins late 75% of the time. Various destinations and normally flying out of MAD or BCN.
Old May 17, 18, 9:39 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC, UA gold, AB gold, GF gold, MM fa
Vueling seat pitch

I flew Vueling for the first time last week.

on the outbound flight I got moved to a seat near the front, and legroom was fine.

but on the return leg I was near the back of the plane - and it felt like the most claustrophobic experience I've ever had - and I regularly fly Ryanair.

luckily it was a very short flight, but I wouldn't want to do that again for even a few hours.

was I unlucky, or is Vueling seat Pitch often awful ?
Old Yesterday, 4:08 pm

Programs: AV Diamond, TK ELP, AZ CFA, AD Diamante, NZ Gold, QF Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Vueling is really quite fine, unless anything goes wrong. It can be hard (and certainly not cheap) to contact their customer service.

Inflight it is similar to IB or BA, of course you need to pay for all catering. Crew are usually quite pleasant and very professional with excellent grooming. Strongly suggest getting a seat with extra legroom in the exit row. I am 6'4 and usually don't fit in their normal seats, except I think the ones near the front have more legroom unless it varies by aircraft type. Exit seats also come with free priority boarding, so double bonus.

Don't expect any Oneworld benefits either, it is not IB.