Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

whats gong on with iceland air schedule to tpa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:45 am
Original Poster

i'm looking to book a vacation for my family this summer to ice land and i cant find any nonstop service? i would think that summer is their busy time? should i wait to book or is the schedule what it is? what days to they normally fly?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: OnePass, Delta
I think if you check their website, there are no non-stops from TPA only connecting via JFK or BOS.

Safe travels
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Is that something new? I know they announced the Tampa nonstop recently and I know people who flew on it
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Expertflyer shows two weekly nonstop flights starting September 5th, three weekly flights starting September 28th, and four weekly flights starting October 9th.
No nonstop flights during summer. I'm guessing that the summer demand is higher for other routes (who wants to go to Florida in the summer...) and they need the aircraft for those routes.

Last edited by DoTheBartMan; Apr 20, 2018 at 6:06 am
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:54 am

Lots of people in Florida might want to go to Iceland during the summer. You know there are people who live year round down here. Our family of 5 would like to fly direct from TPA or MCO to KEF. I was looking for Summer 2019 direct from Florida and it seems I am SOL and will have to connect through JFK.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:32 am

Why then did I see IcelandAir on the lower level baggage claim by Delta of airlines served at TPA?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by danielonn
Why then did I see IcelandAir on the lower level baggage claim by Delta of airlines served at TPA?
Because they fly to Tampa? Just not all the time.

Chris
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Lots of people in Florida might want to go to Iceland during the summer.
Just not enough to justify sending the aircraft to Florida instead of another destination.

WOW Air will start flying to Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dallas and St. Louis this summer, and Icelandair operates seasonal flights to several Canadian airports as well as starting/resuming flights to Baltimore, Cleveland, Anchorage, Dallas, Kansas City, and San Francisco this summer.

If the demand was there, they would fly to Florida during the summer.
Apparently, the expected demand doesn't even justify one weekly flight to Florida so I wouldn't call that "lots of people".
When even Kansas City and St. Louis beats out Florida airports for summer service, how much demand do you really think there is?

Last edited by DoTheBartMan; Apr 26, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.