FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other European Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines-469/)
-   -   Wizz air schedule change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines/1900467-wizz-air-schedule-change.html)

Xandrios Mar 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Wizz air schedule change

Hi,

Recently I logged in to my Wizz Air account and noticed that one of our flights has been rescheduled. Not a huge change, but still - an already late flight is arriving even later now.

The website refers to a schedule-change email regarding the details of my options..however I have not received any email. Perhaps that will still follow later..

However the website does offer to refund the payment, plus 20% of the fare, to my account (Wizz air credit). At the same time I see that the fares for this specific flight have gone down slightly since I booked.

What is stopping me from asking for a refund, getting the full fare (plus 20% extra), and purchasing new tickets? That would leave some credits that I could use for another flight in the future. To be honest, the fare difference is not great (like 10 euro) - and the 20% difference is probably also not enough to warrant doing this in practice, but still. As a theoretical case ;)

Does anyone have experience with this proces? Are these refunds to your account instantaneous, and can they be used for purchasing new tickets on the exact same flight? Please note that I am a discount club member so they may have registered that I already purchased this flight before.

The other option, full refund to the credit card, seems to not be possible online. Not sure how that process would work - they only refer to the email with rules (which I havent received yet).

Any experiences?

travel agent Jul 29, 2018 10:18 am

its late for the op

but for the future for the information: if you choose the credit, you will get 120% credit within 1-2 hours, it never expires & you can book any flight of your choice, but you need to be 1 of the travelers in order to use the credit.

Xandrios Sep 5, 2018 12:19 pm

Thanks!

I actually did go ahead and requested credit for this flight (2 pax) once I saw the flights go on sale. The credit appeared an hour later or so, and I used it to purchase new (discounted) tickets on the same flight.

Resulting in quite a bit of credits left over. Used it to purchase Priority for both pax on 4 segments (so that there wont be issues with hand luggage) and still have about 35 euros of credit left over for another use another time.

Initially felt kinda bad about it; however when the flight that was initially scheduled for around 21:30 got moved to 22:30 and then delayed to 01:00AM... (arriving 3AM instead of midnight) I was happy that I did. Waiting for so many hours at a totally deserted airport is no fun :(