Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Cause of delay Norwegian flight DY7073 on Feb27th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

This is my first message in the forum, please relocate it if it does not belong in this sub-forum.

On February 27th I took flight DY7073 from London GTW to Oakland. We had a delay of 6 hours 24 mins. It was caused by several factors: first, they had to retrieve some checked-in bags from passengers that did not show up. Then, they had to de-freeze the wings and there was only one truck available for the whole airport. After that, they had a problem with a brake and had to get the engineer into de plane to deactivate it (it took more than 3 hours). After that, they had to de-freeze the wings again, and finally we took off more than 6 hours later than expected.

According to European law, as it is a flight of more than 3500 Kms and the delay was of more than 5 hours, we are entitled to a compensation of 600 Euros.

I made the claim as soon as I arrived, but I only received a reply today stating that the delay was due to adverse weather conditions, while its not true.

I would like to know where can I find a description of a flights delay, if possible. I have done some google searches, but I can only find very recent flights.

Thanks in advance!

Excerpt from their reply:

"* Flight disruption information

Norwegian flight: DY7073 (LGW-OAK) 27.02.2018
Disruption type: Delayed
Delay time: 6 hours and 24 minutes
Reason for disruption: This delay was caused by adverse weather conditions.
"
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by eggrandio
Hi,

This is my first message in the forum, please relocate it if it does not belong in this sub-forum.

On February 27th I took flight DY7073 from London GTW to Oakland. We had a delay of 6 hours 24 mins. It was caused by several factors: first, they had to retrieve some checked-in bags from passengers that did not show up. Then, they had to de-freeze the wings and there was only one truck available for the whole airport. After that, they had a problem with a brake and had to get the engineer into de plane to deactivate it (it took more than 3 hours). After that, they had to de-freeze the wings again, and finally we took off more than 6 hours later than expected.

According to European law, as it is a flight of more than 3500 Kms and the delay was of more than 5 hours, we are entitled to a compensation of 600 Euros.

I made the claim as soon as I arrived, but I only received a reply today stating that the delay was due to adverse weather conditions, while its not true.

I would like to know where can I find a description of a flights delay, if possible. I have done some google searches, but I can only find very recent flights.

Thanks in advance!

Excerpt from their reply:

"* Flight disruption information

Norwegian flight: DY7073 (LGW-OAK) 27.02.2018
Disruption type: Delayed
Delay time: 6 hours and 24 minutes
Reason for disruption: This delay was caused by adverse weather conditions.
"
There is no source for delays per se. If the airline claims weather it can be hard to prove otherwise. If you are certain that there was more to it than weather, I would go to one of the agencies handling claims such as these. This will cut in to your pay out if any, but it will cause you significantly fewer headaches.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: Alaska Air
@eggrandio I was on this flight as well and received the same response. Troubling that there isn't a single source of truth on delays. Perhaps showing other flights that weren't as delayed leaving the same time out of Gatwick? I submitted a request to claimair.com to see if their agency would be willing to take up the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.