Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Easyjet cancellations / change BFS to BHD possible

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3

If easyjet cancel a BFS flight due to the weather are we entitled to be put on the next outward bound flight from BHD with Icelandair? (This is to KEF tomorrow).
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
From their website:

Alternative transport to your destination

If we’re unable to book you on to an easyJet flight to get you to your destination within 48 hours, you can switch to another airline, take a train or bus or hire a car. The alternative transport should be within the price range you paid for your original return flight or as close to it as possible. If we offer you alternative transport but you choose to book your own we will not be able to reimburse you.

Delays and cancellations | easyJet
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by lehovec
From their website:

Alternative transport to your destination

If we’re unable to book you on to an easyJet flight to get you to your destination within 48 hours, you can switch to another airline, take a train or bus or hire a car. The alternative transport should be within the price range you paid for your original return flight or as close to it as possible. If we offer you alternative transport but you choose to book your own we will not be able to reimburse you.

Delays and cancellations easyJet
I am not a lawyer but easyJet's stated policy seems at odds with EU261 obligations as explained here:
Cancellation - Air Passenger Rights
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
And this is the key:
alternative transport to your final destination at the earliest opportunity.

Does not specify on another carrier, so it can be interpreted as the earliest opportunity on canx carrier.

If I remember rightly when FR went through their cancellation issues they were made by CAA to change their policy to:
The alternative transport should be within the price range you paid for your original return flight or as close to it as possible.

If you paid £40 for you ticket and canx is not airlines fault I do not see how it is fair for any airline to have to pick up bill of potentiall £££.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.