Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Anyone tried to book on the Czech Airlines site from the US lately?

Anyone tried to book on the Czech Airlines site from the US lately?

Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
Question Anyone tried to book on the Czech Airlines site from the US lately?

It is not accepting credit card details (aside from "Name of credit card holder") for any card EXCEPT American Express. I tried with a different browser...same deal. I have never seen such a thing on an airline site. The only aggregator site that shows the flight I want is Kayak, but there is no option to upgrade to the ticket that includes baggage and seat selection. Having been soaked on a baggage fee checking in at PRG once before, I'd prefer sorting it out in advance.

Anyone had a similar experience recently or have any suggestions?

I should also add that a call to their US toll free number was worthless...just an offer from what sounded like an overseas call center to book my ticket for a fee.

Last edited by Clay_C.; Feb 13, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
There is no requirement to book from the airline directly.

If you use a price comparison tool (skyscanner, momondo, etc), you will probably find the same ticket for cheaper from an online travel agency.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

I do see the ticket being offered at the entry level price, that is not including luggage or seat assignment, elsewhere.

In the end, I went ahead and booked on the CSA site with my AMEX. I got soaked for close to $40 for my bag on a Smart Wings flight out of PRG in 2016 that was booked as CSA (with CSA baggage rules) via Orbitz.. This way I won't have a nasty airport surprise this time AND I got a decent seat reserved.

Still, very odd that AMEX appears to be the ONLY payment method that is working.

Last edited by Clay_C.; Mar 10, 2018 at 12:14 pm
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key
This is very strange. I was recently booking with my U.S. card (VISA) a ticket with them, but I needed to choose the ISRAEL location in order to be charged in US Dollars. I guess that you tried to book on czechairlines.com - which location did you choose then?

I agree that it is better to book with the airline, if you want to get the bag included, OR if you want to take advantage of their pre-flight PLUSGRADE offer (upgrading to business, with 2 bags included).
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prgboy
This is very strange. I was recently booking with my U.S. card (VISA) a ticket with them, but I needed to choose the ISRAEL location in order to be charged in US Dollars. I guess that you tried to book on czechairlines.com - which location did you choose then?

I agree that it is better to book with the airline, if you want to get the bag included, OR if you want to take advantage of their pre-flight PLUSGRADE offer (upgrading to business, with 2 bags included).
I chose the CZ-EN option. As I am flying from PRG to Porto, I couldn't select the US as my country!

Strange stuff going on with the website, glad I am not the only one to run into strangeness there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.