Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP automatic seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by FFlash

Have they revamped the T3 seat allocation for free or what?
Last time, I could not print my boarding pass witihn T3hrs but instead the OLCI requested me payment all the time! Okay at one point it let me through so got the Bpass online but then,when changing seat I wanted to change back to exit door A seat and again it asked for payment and to checkinat airport, I got worried butentered security with mobile BP. At gate I asked if everything is ok and, they said wait we might need to upgrade you as *gold. Then on boarding , red beep and a new boarding passbut no business class but instead bumped out from exitrow to 14F

So have they fixed that checkin feature or policing now exitrow fees?
I haven't checked any of this recently but it did seem like it would be only a matter of time before it got fixed...
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
It worked as of 1.5 weeks ago.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Won’t fly TAP again. ZERO legroom on A320 and only a tart from LIS to MAD with no beverage service. Lazy crew.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:47 pm

Just tried and the free selection at T-3 is still working
mmff likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Played around a bit during olci but always got the seat it randomly picked for me and a request to pay 22€ for any other seat. Checked in anyway. No problem changing it to a nicer seat upfront in Y at the airport kiosk at T-2.5h. it's one of the 'red' seats with more leg space and the middle seat is free.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HGC, Spg
I'm about to try this. Flying LHR-LIS-MIA. Don't care about seats on LHR-LIS, but want better seats for LIS-MIA (they have assigned me and partner to 2 middle seats in the central block of 4....). I tried to pick us a pair of window seats for check in, but obviously was asked to pay. As others suggested here, I abandoned check in at that point. Not sure how we will go at the airport though, because our flight to Lisbon leaves before T-3 on the next flight. So I guess I'll see what the counter agent offers.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
FWIW A3 are now using the same crazy system with Y seats and the same work around applies.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
FWIW A3 are now using the same crazy system with Y seats and the same work around applies.
Must be an Amadeus thing.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Palal
Must be an Amadeus thing.
Air Berlin was doing this with Amadeus DCS already in 2016. With no option to change.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:28 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
nope, A3 doesnt release the seats at T-3 as TP does, you have to pay to change to a better seats, it applies even for their Gold customers... :/
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:09 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by GBobon
nope, A3 doesnt release the seats at T-3 as TP does, you have to pay to change to a better seats, it applies even for their Gold customers... :/
Not my experience as an A3 *G.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Not my experience as an A3 *G.
Nor mine.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:26 pm

I am about to buy the TAP Portugal tickets. If I select their Basic class where one would need to pay to reserve seats, would they be auto-assigned after purchasing the tickets? When?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:08 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by LeoNYC10
I am about to buy the TAP Portugal tickets. If I select their Basic class where one would need to pay to reserve seats, would they be auto-assigned after purchasing the tickets? When?
They will be assigned during check-in.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by tff
They will be assigned during check-in.
Is it safe to say that if you have 2 people on the itinerary they will be assigned next to each other?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.