Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Complaint about TAP Fare Class Visibility

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K Marriott Gold IHG Ambassador SPG Gold

Does anyone know how to figure out the TAP fare class before you buy a ticket? I usually credit my miles back to UA Mileage Plus. I purchased a Classic Economy Fare from Newark to Madrid on TAP's website and later learned that it does not accrue any mileage. I think it booked into "T" which is non-mileage earning. Fortunately, it was not a lot of money and I will know better next time.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I think after extensive searching, I ended up being able to find out through a dummy booking on Expedia
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:59 pm

I had the same problem, I bought 3 different tickets with different things included and none of them offered mileage earnings. If the ticket is bought directly on the TAP website, then you can cancel your ticket within 24 hours and have a full refund.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingFloosie
Does anyone know how to figure out the TAP fare class before you buy a ticket?
Buy from a travel agent that either discloses the booking subclass before purchase, or that you can query before purchasing.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:05 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Keep in mind that TAP is notorious nowadays to credit different classes than whats on your ticket.

If you buy a Light fare their website says that you will earn no miles. Even if you book in full Y. The way they do this is by crediting a non-earning bookings class instead of the actual one that was booked/flown.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Keep in mind that TAP is notorious nowadays to credit different classes than whats on your ticket.

If you buy a Light fare their website says that you will earn no miles. Even if you book in full Y. The way they do this is by crediting a non-earning bookings class instead of the actual one that was booked/flown.
This didn't seem to effect my point earnings on a recent flight, but when my tickets were purchased they were supposedly in J then my physical boarding pass claimed C. Bit unusual... I would have been livid if this had any impact on my earnings though.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: *G, OWS
Originally Posted by AStarr
This didn't seem to effect my point earnings on a recent flight, but when my tickets were purchased they were supposedly in J then my physical boarding pass claimed C. Bit unusual... I would have been livid if this had any impact on my earnings though.
Are you sure that the ticket displays booking class? I'd assume the C refers to the cabin (C= Bus, Y=Eco) - that Abbreviation is common accross the european carriers...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by frogster
Are you sure that the ticket displays booking class? I'd assume the C refers to the cabin (C= Bus, Y=Eco) - that Abbreviation is common accross the european carriers...
ah that could very well be the case then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.