EasyJet Seatbelt length

Old Jan 2, 18, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

EasyJet Seatbelt length

I'm getting ready to fly EasyJet for the first time. I am rather tall and broad and therefore am willing to pay the extra to be in a extra legroom seat. I would prefer the exit row but note that you can't sit there if you need a seat belt extension. I haven't ever needed one before but worry that EasyJet might have shorter seatbelts than other airlines - typically have flown AA, UA, DL, WN without this being an issue. Can anyone advise of their personal experience. I don't want to pay extra, not be allowed to sit in the seat and end up in a seat I know I can't sit in! LOL

TIA,
Clay
Old Jan 2, 18, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Bring your own and don't discuss it. Amazon and Taobao sell them ....
Old Jan 3, 18, 8:58 am

I do find that on their older a/c, seat belts are reasonable small so if you are XL you probably will need extension seat belt which obviously you will not be able to use in the emergency exit rows and row 1 (exception are seats 1E and 1F).
If you are flying on newer a/c with new seats, then no problem, seat belts are much "wider" and no issues.

Do not bring your own, these are not allowed on board and EZY crew are pretty good in spotting personal extension seat belts (witnessed it before), their are orange/red anyway so it is easy to spot if you are using your own.
Old Jan 3, 18, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lehovec View Post
I do find that on their older a/c, seat belts are reasonable small so if you are XL you probably will need extension seat belt which obviously you will not be able to use in the emergency exit rows and row 1 (exception are seats 1E and 1F).
If you are flying on newer a/c with new seats, then no problem, seat belts are much "wider" and no issues.

Do not bring your own, these are not allowed on board and EZY crew are pretty good in spotting personal extension seat belts (witnessed it before), their are orange/red anyway so it is easy to spot if you are using your own.
Hmm, I was really hoping to be on the exit row with max legroom but I don't know how i would know the age of the aircraft ahead of time, so I guess we will book 1C and 1F and hope that we have long belts but if not, then one of us will trade with 1E who I have to believe would prefer to be on the aisle rather than in the middle! LOL

Thanks for the intel.
Old Jan 3, 18, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Clay Clayton View Post
Hmm, I was really hoping to be on the exit row with max legroom but I don't know how i would know the age of the aircraft ahead of time, so I guess we will book 1C and 1F and hope that we have long belts but if not, then one of us will trade with 1E who I have to believe would prefer to be on the aisle rather than in the middle! LOL

Thanks for the intel.
Note you get far more legroom in 1ABC than 1DEF or the exit rows. There is no bulkhead in front of 1ABC so legroom is unrestricted. It's not great while everyone is boarding, but if you are uncomfortable in airline seats then it's best to hang back in the departure lounge and board last anyway. That is unless you have a carry-on that you don't want put in the hold.

ETA Correction:some easyJet aircraft do have a bulkhead at 1ABC. Legroom is still pretty good, but not unrestricted like those without.

Last edited by Ldnn1; Jan 21, 18 at 11:44 am
Old Jan 4, 18, 4:33 am

Thanks for the intel.
If it is not too personal question... what is your waist size. I am flying with them in 2 days time and I can "sort of measure it" for you.
Old Jan 4, 18, 11:43 am
Original Poster

If it is not too personal question... what is your waist size. I am flying with them in 2 days time and I can "sort of measure it" for you.
as long as you don't publish it on the internet! LOL

I typically wear 48" pants but if you could just measure the two sides of the seatbelt from where they leave the seat, I can do the same on an upcoming flight and that will let me know how they compare. Of course if might not make any difference given the old plane/new plane differences the PP mentioned. But thanks - I really appreciate it!
Old Jan 5, 18, 11:51 am

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
Hmm, I was really hoping to be on the exit row with max legroom but I don't know how i would know the age of the aircraft ahead of time,

Thanks for the intel.
If only there was an easyJet crew member around
Old Jan 6, 18, 6:35 am

There we go... it is roughly 65cm fully adjusted on the buckle side and about 35cm on the other side. Hope that helps.
Old Jan 6, 18, 8:43 am

There we go... it is roughly 65cm fully adjusted on the buckle side and about 35cm on the other side. Hope that helps.
Forgot to mention that this was on A319 (old seats) which will be the same on old seating A320. Seat belts on the new A320 are much looser. 48 waist, I think you should be OK.
Old Jan 8, 18, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much, so a total length of 100 cm plus the buckle correct?
Old May 15, 18, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Just reporting back that the belt was long enough on the bulkhead row!