Wiki Posts
Search

EasyJet Plus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club - Blue, EasyJet+
EasyJet Plus

I've just done a search for this, but can't see it anywhere else on the forums!

I recently signed up for EasyJet Plus (I know, more fool me for paying for it!) but given I will be doing a fair chunk of business travelling in the next 12 months and I didn't fancy paying for the seats I want (anywhere up to Ł20 a seat!) I thought it would be prudent to spend the money as I will save over the course of the year somewhere in the region of Ł500 - Ł600 (and that is taking the Ł200 I spent on EasyJet Plus into account as well!)

What I wanted to know was, after a recent experience with Easyjet at the weekend, if I get stuck in an airport (I will be mainly travelling between EDI and STN) assuming I am away from home, will they put me up for the night (or try and move me to a flight later that same day, even if it is full) to get me home as quickly as possible? I ask as I was due to fly from STN to EDI on Sunday, but with the weather, the flight was cancelled and I couldn't get a flight home till the next afternoon (which incidentally ended up being delayed!) They took over 4 hours to respond to my request for a hotel room (by which time I was already half way to London on the Stansted Express) and I ended up not using either the room or the return flight because I decided to use the Caledonian Sleeper service. Has anyone else experienced EasyJet Plus and delays/cancellations and whether the timescale to resolve things was any quicker? I don't really fancy having to hang around Stansted Airport for 4+ hours to find out if I am getting a hotel room for the night or not as I would then struggle to get anything close by at that short notice.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Whether or not an airline will pay for a hotel room has nothing to do with whether or not you have "Easyjet Plus" or any other type of ticket or product sold by the airline.

When an airline is legally obliged to pay for a hotel, and if it is not convenient or easy to get the airline to rebook you in situ, it is usually sufficient to make and pay for your own booking and submit a claim after the fact; as long as the cost is reasonable (which, of course, can vary by circumstance and airline) they should refund you.

I know of no airline that will "move you to a flight later that same day if it is full" - standard practice is that people that hold confirmed bookings on operating flights will be accommodated. (Moving people from other/earlier flights to a later flight, thereby displacing other customers, is basically just playing "musical chairs" and increasing disruption).
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks irishguy28 for your reply. I fear I may have covered up my real question in my original post - I was actually trying to find out whether being an EasyJet Plus member in the situation would have meant I was dealt with sooner and could have made my way away from what was turning into a very hostile situation (Ryanair were making their customers queue the full length of the airport and I think I counted 3 "lanes" of Ryanair passengers that stretched the length of the airport whilst EasyJet were only calling passengers forward if their flight was actually checking in/going to leave)

By 4pm on Sunday afternoon, there was a lot of jeering and whilst I can understand people's frustrations, it didn't make for a comfortable place to be, hence why I was looking to be out of there as soon as I could. As it turns out, most of the evening flights did eventually depart, albeit with some considerable delays. I reckon there will be a fair bit paid out in EU Compensation for those flights, but afraid that I don't qualify as my flight was cancelled due to "exceptional circumstances" - at least I can claim back my food and other expenses from the delay in getting home to Scotland!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
So, no there is no priority in times of IRROPS with EJ+, the best way to manage your disruption is with eJ app which lets you rebook flight, apply for refund and book hotel room for the night. If the flight is full they will not put you on SBY, sometimes flights are overbooked but this is more due to commercial decission then airports managing IRROPS.
eJ+ will allow you access to priority check in, not sure whether priority check in still applies at the times of IRROPS, but I would probably try and go there first before joining any queues for sales desk.

I do think eJ+ is really good value for money tho, considering that front row seats are going at Ł17+ and you get fast track + extra piece of cabin baggage. And let's not forget free transfer to earlier flight on the day.

I did fly into STN on Sunday with EZY, flight was 4 hours late but at least it did operate, arrivals were lovely and quiet, once landside it was utter chaos with queues snaking everywhere, took us 15 minutes to leave the building.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
If you do decide to get EJ+ then do it on board a flight. The crew will love you, you'll get a discount (about Ł189 ottomh) and you'll get a temporary card valid for 1 month.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:30 am
Original Poster

lehovec - I know what you mean! I was stuck at the International Arrivals end for nearly 3 and a half hours. Eventually gave up at 4pm and went into London to get a train home. The benefits of EJ+ for me are huge as I'm going to be travelling every other week for quite a bit of the year, hence my expectations of saving Ł500 - Ł600 over the course of the year.

Lets not forget that weather like that is unprecedented for that area of England and that it is unlikely I will see anything that bad again in all my travels next year!
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer1991
The benefits of EJ+ for me are huge as I'm going to be travelling every other week for quite a bit of the year, hence my expectations of saving Ł500 - Ł600 over the course of the year!
Been EJ + for over 12 months now, got mine on board at Ł189 as mentioned above, well paid for itself.

About 3 months ago got an email from EJ saying they had put me in their Elite Flight Club -

“Flight Club is a loyalty programme for our most frequent travellers. Membership is by invitation only for customers who have:
  • Booked and flown on 20 flights or more in the past 12 months, or
  • Booked and flown on 10 flights or more, and spent Ł1,500 or other currency equivalent in the past 12 months, or
  • Booked and flown on an average 10 flights or more for 10 years, with at least one flight every year.”
web link :- Our routes, fares and products easyJet

Figure you will get the same if you do that amount of travelling on EJ. The dedicated phone number can be a real help when things go wrong.

Also a few of the Cabin Managers recently have told me EJ are looking at more benefits coming to their FF
T
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Thought I'd update this thread with my first experience/thoughts of flying with EJ+

Flight to Stansted was rammed, but it appeared that no one (other than myself and a hand full of others) was an EJ+ member or on a Flexi Fare. This meant that I was first on the plane and got plenty of space in the Overhead Bin for all my baggage. Flight was fairly uneventful and the staff seemed to be fairly attentive in looking after people.

The flight back to EDI was a completely different story - plane was just over half full which was nice. Firstly, the positives - Flight left 5 minutes early as it was that quiet we were all on board in good time. I had the full front row to myself (big plus!) and the flight was early landing in EDI which meant I was home earlier than I should have been. Now the negatives - the staff were not as attentive as the crew the previous Sunday. Service was started within 10 minutes of taking off and completed about 5 minutes later. After this, the cabin crew all disappeared to the back of the plane, but not before the CSM opened the trays in 1DEF - a strange action if you ask me? The CC only appeared again after the Seatbelt sign was illuminated and we were in our descent to EDI. Also, I'm sure there was a breach of Health and Safety when she climbed up on the seat of 1D to reach the back of an overhead bin above - what happens if the plane hits clear air turbulence and she is thrown from her perch?

The CC did however offer a Free Cup of Tea to a lady a few rows back - I believe she had been receiving assistance from Stansted Airport and had been left in the cold for over 20 minutes as a lift was required to get her to the plane. A nice gesture if you ask me as it probably costs them almost nothing to do this, but it gives the Passenger a better view of EJ as a business and they didn't have to do anything. There was also a serious case of DYKWIA when a passenger who had his bag tagged to go in the hold realised that there was plenty of space in the overhead bins and tried to get his bag back, with no result. He muttered something about how "procedures are b****ks" and slumped back to his seat. Quite funny if you ask me as it just shows the mentality of people on LCC's these days!

Overall, a better experience than when I previously flew with Ryanair, but with some things that could still be improved.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
but not before the CSM opened the trays in 1DEF - a strange action if you ask me?
They do this quite often in row 1 if empty, I have seen it done all the way down to row 5. I believe this is to deter people to move in these rows as 1-5 and emergency exits are "premium seats" and they charge extra onboard to move to these seats.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:53 am
Original Poster

"They do this quite often in row 1 if empty, I have seen it done all the way down to row 5. I believe this is to deter people to move in these rows as 1-5 and emergency exits are "premium seats" and they charge extra onboard to move to these seats."

Thanks lehovec - that makes perfect sense!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Thought I'd update this thread with my first experience/thoughts of flying with EJ+

Flight to Stansted was rammed, but it appeared that no one (other than myself and a hand full of others) was an EJ+ member or on a Flexi Fare. This meant that I was first on the plane and got plenty of space in the Overhead Bin for all my baggage. Flight was fairly uneventful and the staff seemed to be fairly attentive in looking after people.

The flight back to EDI was a completely different story - plane was just over half full which was nice. Firstly, the positives - Flight left 5 minutes early as it was that quiet we were all on board in good time. I had the full front row to myself (big plus!) and the flight was early landing in EDI which meant I was home earlier than I should have been. Now the negatives - the staff were not as attentive as the crew the previous Sunday. Service was started within 10 minutes of taking off and completed about 5 minutes later. After this, the cabin crew all disappeared to the back of the plane, but not before the CSM opened the trays in 1DEF - a strange action if you ask me? The CC only appeared again after the Seatbelt sign was illuminated and we were in our descent to EDI. Also, I'm sure there was a breach of Health and Safety when she climbed up on the seat of 1D to reach the back of an overhead bin above - what happens if the plane hits clear air turbulence and she is thrown from her perch?
Perhaps the crew were doing a 4 sector day (upto 12 hours or so) and this was the only sector that had a light load so was the only one available to have their meal break on?

As for the Tray tables out on 1 ABC I presume as posted above its to deter people who have not paid trying to sit in them. This is a good thing IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.