Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

SkyTeam Elite + benefits on Czech Air intra-Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others

A little confused from looking at the DL site, so had a question in case anyone has flown Czech intra-Europe (in this case, I'm flying AMS-PRG and it's $60 cheaper than KL on the same flight). Do they offer benefits to SkyTeam Elite Plus members within Europe, or solely on long-haul flights? Would they still be valid on Lite fares?

Going through the booking process, you're asked to pay for luggage and a seat assignment before entering any FFN, so it seems like I'd have to skip those and confirm a booking and then hope that their system recognizes my status and go back and select seats accordingly?

Last edited by steveholt; Dec 12, 2017 at 11:08 am Reason: adding more info
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:17 am

Baggage info is available on their website https://www.csa.cz/nl-en/travel-info...light/baggage/
As for seat selection seems like it is not free even for their own elites? https://www.csa.cz/nl-en/travel-info...light/seating/
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I did see the baggage info page on their site, but the way the baggage is laid out seems confusing - I can't tell whether Lite passengers get 0 + 1 bags (for a total of 1) or if you need to book a Plus ticket to qualify for getting ST+ benefits.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Even paid seat selection with OK at the time of booking is a new thing... previously you'd had to do the seat selection after 24 hours after booking... they are a bit behind the times in this regard.

You should get a free bag even with lite fare as ST E+
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key
Intra-Europe flights are still considered international.
As Sky Team Elite you'll get a free bag checked even on LITE ticket.
As Elite Plus, you will also get a lounge access for 2 passengers.
In both cases, you can use Priority Check-in Lane and they will also tag your bag with the green sticker for priority unloading.

But choosing a free seat never worked for me as far as I remember. Now I am only Elite, so I cannot try the options for Elite Plus passengers.
You can skip adding the FF number when booking the ticket and then you can add the number on CSA Airlines web site. But they will only let you enter it once, there is no way to change it on-line.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (STÉ)- Lounge Key
Experience - OK coded (QS wetlease) - STE - no free seat selection

hello,

I am STE (UX Silver) and booked an OK flight (QS wetlease) under a Lite Fare:
- no Free seat selection was granted to me (unlike row 19+ like AF) - 130 CZK...
- Free bag (0+1) is granted
- PRG - KBP: boarding Zone C instead or B or Sky (CSA SkyPriority screen on boarding and announcement allow SP and Elite card holder to board first ). Still, there is not materialized Holding Pen, and Elite pax have to make there way in to the plane under the mad sight of coach pax, being self confident about it even if cleared by announcements.
On PRG CDG, there is an holding pen.
- There is mileage and segment count for this flight (QS wetlease)
- KBP-PRG : Immigration queue took a while before going airside. No proper priority signs / enforcement st boarding. Half the plane stopped by GA before passport info were not linked to the BP in the system.

Last edited by catsniper75; Nov 20, 2018 at 4:49 am
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (STÉ)- Lounge Key
AF sold - OK metal - STE+ - Seat selection fee applies

Just a quick fresh update.

I am an STE+ and seat selection is still charged on OK flights regardless of the status for Y Lite fares.

Other STE+ still apply but you will have to insist on it as OK applies LCC methods (like strict enforcement of Carry-on size / pieces) .
Agents are reluctant to release the perks you are entitled to like +1 checked bag if they are not aware of the other ST FPP pax is registered with.
Physical STE+ card and DYKWIA might help.

Special mention for the contractor lounge in CDG 2D: no Free guest allowed, they will try not to let you in if you are not FB Or OK Plus STE+. So you have to insist even for yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.