Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Blue Air transitioning to... what? [ceased ops 6 Sept 22]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL

Just saw this today (the article is in Romanian, but Google translate should help). Rumor has it they are contemplating changing their name.

Rebranding? Potrivit unor surse, Blue Air ar fi in cautarea unui alt nume ? Aeronews

More notably, Alitalia just announced they will start code-sharing on 14 routes operated by Blue Air: 12 between Italy and Romania and 2 between the UK and Italy:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...from-dec-2017/

I wonder whether Blue Air are moving towards a kind of hybrid carrier? Or (my wet dream LOL) will they become a full service carrier and join one of the three alliances some time in the next few decades :-) ?

Last edited by mihaid; Dec 9, 2017 at 3:16 pm Reason: Typo corrected
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Blue Air is already member of IATA, unlike most lowcost airlines.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
What a stupid name.

I mean it would make sense if they want to split a part of the operation into a separate brand (i.e. international/regional), but rebrand?
Old May 25, 2020, 10:11 am

Blue Air Significant Schedule Change Grounds for Refund?

I am holding reservations for a flight from Turin to Naples on July 12th on Blue Air which was booked in January 2020. This morning I received an email from Blue Air indicating my flight had been moved up almost nine hours leaving at 7:10AM instead of 4:15PM. The flight number remains the same and that appears to be the only flight that day. I will not be anywhere near Turin at 7:10 that morning so the change is not acceptable to me. I cannot find a definition of significant change in the Blue Air Terms and Conditions. My other trans-Atlantic and European flights have been cancelled by other airlines (not by me) and I have applied for refunds. I was waiting to see if Blue Air would also cancel. Do I have any cancellation rights with Blu Air due to the schedule change?
Old May 25, 2020, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I think the first step is to tell them in writing (email is a writing) that you do not accept this itinerary change and that you request a refund, not a voucher.
Old May 27, 2020, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
This massive schedule change constitutes an airline-imposed cancellation -> triggering a full cash refund option.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:54 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Romanian 'Blue Air' corona cancellation refunds?

Anybody got one? They've been stonewalling me for months; I don't want their voucher. The law is clear and I could take them to small claims court but I'm afraid they'd just ignore the judgement and then I'd be out the filing fee as well as my ticket cost!
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by henry999
Anybody got one? They've been stonewalling me for months; I don't want their voucher. The law is clear and I could take them to small claims court but I'm afraid they'd just ignore the judgement and then I'd be out the filing fee as well as my ticket cost!
Can't you do a chargeback on the credit or debit card you used to book the flight? This route was very successful for me last year when all plans went out the window.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Most courts take a dim view on those that ignore it's rulings.and have an enforcement mechanism otherwise what's the point of having courts?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by henry999
The law is clear and I could take them to small claims court but I'm afraid they'd just ignore the judgement and then I'd be out the filing fee as well as my ticket cost!
Can't you send a bailiff after them in that case to have the money seized from their bank account? However, if you can just to a chargeback through your card, that would be the easiest solution.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Blue Air ceased ops today...

Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Im a new user
Can't you send a bailiff after them in that case to have the money seized from their bank account? However, if you can just to a chargeback through your card, that would be the easiest solution.
Do a chargeback and send in supporting documents of the original itinerary, new itinerary and your letter of refusal. Also if you log in to Mange my Booking and select the I do not accept new itinerary option will this give you an option to cancel.for a full refund? Can EU 261 be applied here?
Old Sep 25, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Blue Air has completely gone, right? It hasn't attempted any sort of comeback on or around the 12 September? Was this the one that was scamming an extra €50 out of passengers in Italy by saying that their names were not written correctly on their bookings? I expect nobody will miss them.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by Concerto
Blue Air has completely gone, right? It hasn't attempted any sort of comeback on or around the 12 September? Was this the one that was scamming an extra €50 out of passengers in Italy by saying that their names were not written correctly on their bookings? I expect nobody will miss them.
That was Blu Express. I don't think they are connected, other than both being non-operational/bankrupt. The thread is here:

Fraudulent Blu Express middle name scam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.