Norwegian Cabin Baggage

Old Dec 5, 17, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Norwegian Cabin Baggage

Hello,

I am looking to fly Norwegian from the US to UK next year, and wondered if anyone could shed some light on their baggage policy. I'm taking this flight at the end of a 5-month "spend it all" trip, prior to finally settling down. Their stated baggage policy is;

LowFare, Lowfare+, Premium

• 1 carry-on bag: max. 55x40x23 cm
  • 1 small personal item: max. 25x33x20 cm
  • Max. combined weight: 10 kg

My query is whether anyone has experience on how strict they tend to be with this? I think I can manage the size allowance, but realistically expect my baggage to be nearer the 12kg mark. I'm semi hoping for a upgrade bid, anyway, but would prefer to avoid paying £50 for checked baggage I barely need.

I know some will probably say "just pay the baggage fee", but as I say - this is the last flight on my trip, and I'm trying to minimise costs Any other time, and I would heed your advice!

P.S. Apologies for the sizing... can't see a button to remove formatting.
Old Dec 5, 17, 9:31 am

Programs: TrueBlue
VERY strict.

My wife and I went PVD-EDI end of July.

I misread their baggage policy in that it's 10kg COMBINED weight - and they DO weigh your hand bags at checking. I thought I would just have to pay a fee - but I was wrong. They forced me to check the bag and pay the checked bag fee.

Because of this, days into the trip, I went on the web and bought two checked bags for the return trip to save the difference in the at-the-gate price.
Old Dec 5, 17, 1:01 pm
J S

If you read some of the posts, you will find that there is a range of approaches, but no consistency. Some days they will be extremely strict, some days a kilo or two will slide. It can even vary from one agent to another and definitely from one day to another at the same airport. Safest bet is to be conservative, assume you will be unlucky and get a strict agent on a strict day.
Old Dec 5, 17, 1:20 pm

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Assume that they'll be extremely strict.
Old Dec 5, 17, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
How strict are they with weight if you are flying premium?
Old Dec 5, 17, 8:15 pm

Programs: Norwegian, SAS
Originally Posted by Mary Louise View Post
How strict are they with weight if you are flying premium?
I have been a bit over (maybe 2kg) on Premium before and it hasnít been an issue, but they did weigh my bags. I wasnít checking any bags, so maybe that impacted their leniency. And worse case scenario I alwuays could check the heavy bag.
Old Dec 6, 17, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
Thank you
Old Dec 7, 17, 3:45 pm

I have flown economy and premium, they weighed our carry on bags. We saw overweight bags charged for, $55 usd, and force checked.

My asvuce is be within the the limits and save yourself the stress.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: