Search

45 min connection in OPO TP to DT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Finnair Plus, Eurobonus, Flying Blue, Miles & More
45 min connection in OPO TP to DT

Hello,

I will be flying LIS-OPO-LAD-WDH in February on TP and DT. Originally I was supposed to have a 1h 15 min connection in OPO from the TP flight from LIS to the DT flight to LAD. I found out by chance that DT has advanced the departure time of the LAD flight by 30 mins bringing my connection down to 45 mins. There has been no info from my TA on the schedule change. I have never traveled through OPO before and tried to google the MCT in OPO but came up empty. Does anyone have any experience in transiting in OPO and whether 45 mins is enough for me and my bags to get from one flight to the other considering passport control? The flights are on the same ticket issued on TPs 047 ticket stock.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If I were you, I would ring the travel agent and get them to cut out the unnecessary northward backtrack to OPO.

There are only 3 weekly OPO-LAD flights at present, whereas from LIS there is a daily flight on TAP and 2 daily flights (except for Wednesdays) on TAAG.

If you miss your flight at OPO, they will likely have to fly you back down to LIS anyway to get you to LAD. Crazy routing.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I don't know if this is within MCT, but you now have an excuse to avoid having to go to OPO. Get the TA to put you on LIS-LAD-WDH.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you miss your flight at OPO, they will likely have to fly you back down to LIS anyway to get you to LAD. Crazy routing.
This is FT! There is no such thing as crazy routing :P
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Palal
This is FT! There is no such thing as crazy routing :P
Given that the OP is likely only to earn whatever miles may be on offer in Eurobonus or Miles & More for the sole TP-operated flight LIS-OPO which are only 172 miles apart - which may well be zero, particularly if, as I suspect, this is a bargain-basement fare - this does not look like a mileage-inspired routing.

Instead, my guess is that some online TA was able to offer a reduced fare on this "crazy" routing - but I am hoping that they may now re-issue the ticket on a more mileage-friendly routing (if it was issued on TP stock there is at least a chance that the LIS-LAD on TP may come into play).
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
The I-D MCT at OPO is 60 minutes.
Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Minimum Connect Times:
Connecting at OPO
Incoming airline TP
Outgoing airline DT
Flight type Domestic to International

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE    .30  1.00  1.00  1.00
OFFLINE   .30  1.00  1.00  1.00
** OR * ARE ALL
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If they don't budge on changing the routing, you can always have them put you on an earlier LIS-OPO.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Finnair Plus, Eurobonus, Flying Blue, Miles & More
Thanks for your replies. I'll contact the TA and try to get either re-routed on the direct LIS-LAD flight or if they won't change the routing then have them put me on an earlier LIS-OPO flight to respect the MCT in OPO. This indeed came up as the cheapest routing and when making the booking I didn't mind the extra stop in OPO to get that to my flight log as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.