Search

Norwegian Premium and lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
Norwegian Premium and lounge access

Hi,

I will be flying premium on Norwegian to Gatwick, but on my next leg I am flying economy as there is no premium class to Stockholm. I have a 41/2 hour layover at Gatwick. The flights are on the same reservation number. I called Norwegian and confirmed that I will have lounge access at Gatwick, however I have read that some passengers were denied accesss to the lounge because the next leg is in economy.

Has anyone been denied, or allowed in the lounge? Any insight you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

ML
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Mary Louise
Hi,

I will be flying premium on Norwegian to Gatwick, but on my next leg I am flying economy as there is no premium class to Stockholm. I have a 41/2 hour layover at Gatwick. The flights are on the same reservation number. I called Norwegian and confirmed that I will have lounge access at Gatwick, however I have read that some passengers were denied accesss to the lounge because the next leg is in economy.

Has anyone been denied, or allowed in the lounge? Any insight you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

ML
No lounge according to their own website.

https://www.norwegian.com/uk/travel-info/check-in-and-boarding/lounge-access/

Travelling on a connecting flight?

Unfortunately lounge access is not available for your connecting short haul flight. Lounge access is available only before your long haul flight to or from the U.S. or Thailand.
​​​​​
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, WN, JB, Hilton Honors, Starwood
Thanks, I did not see that on their website. Their customer service rep told me otherwise.
He was wrong. Causes confusion.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
That is unfortunately often a consequence of outsourced call centers. Information on finer details is not accurate.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
If you have a Priority Pass I'd definitely recommend prebooking. It costs a fiver, but everytime I have had airline access to the lounge there have been several disgruntled PP customers waiting outside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.