Air Serbia checked bags

Old Sep 19, 17, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Air Serbia checked bags

traveling from Beograd to Columbus

used itaMatrix to book through Delta anyhow...

Beograd - Amsterdam- JFK - Columbus

Beograd to Amsterdam is with air Serbia which allows 2 pieces of checked bags for free, does that apply to me?

every other flight on the itinerary says operated by Delta other than the air Serbia flight
Old Sep 19, 17, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
When you build the ticket is the Air Serbia flight coded as a DL or KL flight number?

Is the Air Serbia flight the same day as the AMS-JFK-Columbus flights? Some itineraries I pulled up had it flying in the night before which may give a different answer.
Old Sep 19, 17, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212 View Post
When you build the ticket is the Air Serbia flight coded as a DL or KL flight number?

Is the Air Serbia flight the same day as the AMS-JFK-Columbus flights? Some itineraries I pulled up had it flying in the night before which may give a different answer.
yoshi, I'm sorry its Beograd to Brussels yes all the same day!

Belgrade (BEG) to Brussels (BRU) Mon, Oct 9
Air Serbia 300
Dep: 6:45 am
Arr: 9:05 am
2h 20m
Airbus A320
Economy (E)
MealMovie
Old Sep 19, 17, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

I've done some reading and I guess there are two rules, the majority rule and then another rule saying your flight ends or begins in the USA then the baggage rules from the origin carrier take effect
Old Sep 19, 17, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by capljina614 View Post
I've done some reading and I guess there are two rules, the majority rule and then another rule saying your flight ends or begins in the USA then the baggage rules from the origin carrier take effect
To be precise, it is not the origin carrier, but the marketing carrier of the first segment. In this case, that appears to be JU. Thus, the JU allowance will apply to all segments of the ticket out to CMH and back (if there is a return booked on the ticket).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: