Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: TAP Premium Lounge at LIS / Lisbon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Palal
Update November 2020: Post-pandemic reopening - trip report after lounge re-opening.

Photo reports:
pnt1
Palal - part 1
Palal - part 2

Showers: Shower and shower kit €15 Member car94102 reports a shower kit and shower are complimentary. (30 Aug 2019)

PLEASE SEE POST #1 for illustrations and information

Print Wikipost

GUIDE: TAP Premium Lounge at LIS / Lisbon

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
They again closed the TAP lounge in Lisbon 7-23 December. This is such poor customer service
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Can you access the lounge for non-Schengen (i.e. USA flights)? How is the breakfast menu?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Can you access the lounge for non-Schengen (i.e. USA flights)?
No.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:59 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Can you access the lounge for non-Schengen (i.e. USA flights)? How is the breakfast menu?
Originally Posted by mmff
No.
It depends on what you mean:
  1. If you want to know if the lounge is in the non-Schengen, area, then mmff is right: you cannot;
  2. If you want to know if, holding a ticket to a non-Schengen destination, you can access the lounge while you are in the Schengen area, you can indeed.
You can check the breakfast offer here.
mmff likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Thank tff fpr a more accurate reply. As suggested by the OMAAT blog, it appears you must enter the lounge after you have cleared security (i.e. into the Schengen area) but before you go through passport control. Of course, this introduces another variable for timing your walk to the gate, though I gather passport control lines are manageable. However, we almost missed a flight at ZRH for this reason.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:46 am

Thank tff fpr a more accurate reply. As suggested by the OMAAT blog, it appears you must enter the lounge after you have cleared security (i.e. into the Schengen area) but before you go through passport control. Of course, this introduces another variable for timing your walk to the gate, though I gather passport control lines are manageable. However, we almost missed a flight at ZRH for this reason.
Sorry for the monosyllabic reply, I tend to be brief when writing on the phone. I see that tff has already given a proper answer. I would add that passport control lines at LIS are highly unpredictable. I wouldn't be able to relax properly at the lounge before a flight to the USA unless I arrived at the airport very early.
Boraxo and tff like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:54 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
I would add that passport control lines at LIS are highly unpredictable. I wouldn't be able to relax properly at the lounge before a flight to the USA unless I arrived at the airport very early.
+1
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: AC SE
I am *G and will be flying from LIS in a few months with my 3 years old daughter and my wife. How strict are they with the guesting policy in this lounge?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance
Originally Posted by jasdou
I am *G and will be flying from LIS in a few months with my 3 years old daughter and my wife. How strict are they with the guesting policy in this lounge?
From the huge crowds I've been experiencing lately in the lounge, I wouldn't say they have a very strict policy plus I see a lot of couples with children there and suppose a lot of them are in your situation. You should be good!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by milfweed20
From the huge crowds I've been experiencing lately in the lounge, I wouldn't say they have a very strict policy plus I see a lot of couples with children there and suppose a lot of them are in your situation. You should be good!
Thank you for the feedback! We will be flying LIS-YUL with Air Canada Rouge. If I understand the set-up of this airport correctly, after check-in and security, you end up in the Schengen area of the terminal. That's were the lounge is, right? And then, some time before boarding starts, we will have to go through passport control and make our way to the international gates. Did I get all this right?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
Thank you for the feedback! We will be flying LIS-YUL with Air Canada Rouge. If I understand the set-up of this airport correctly, after check-in and security, you end up in the Schengen area of the terminal. That's were the lounge is, right? And then, some time before boarding starts, we will have to go through passport control and make our way to the international gates. Did I get all this right?
You did. Beware of potentially long passport lines if you can't use the e-gates.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:09 pm

You did. Beware of potentially long passport lines if you can't use the e-gates.
Thanks for confirming. Canadian citizen so likely no e-gates for me.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance
I my opinion if you can't use e-gates, the amount of flights departing to Africa and Brazil around your flight time are always a good hint on how long will it take in the passport lines.
mmff likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:50 am

Hi all,

Have flights, DUB LIS BOS in J.

I've been able to check in online for DUB LIS, but LIS BOS unable due to US requirements. Does anyone know if I'll be able to do this airside in LIS? At the lounge perhaps? Hoping to not have to clear customs (non EU passport) and check back in landside....

Cheers!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Xaroco
Hi all,

Have flights, DUB LIS BOS in J.

I've been able to check in online for DUB LIS, but LIS BOS unable due to US requirements. Does anyone know if I'll be able to do this airside in LIS? At the lounge perhaps? Hoping to not have to clear customs (non EU passport) and check back in landside....

Cheers!
The lounge won't help - they can't rebook you or check you in. You should be able to get your BP in DUB. If not, and you do plan on visiting the lounge, there's a set of set of automated kiosks and check-in desks not too far from passport control. These are next to the security check you'll need to go through after passport control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.