Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: TAP Premium Lounge at LIS / Lisbon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Palal
Update November 2020: Post-pandemic reopening - trip report after lounge re-opening.

Photo reports:
pnt1
Palal - part 1
Palal - part 2

Showers: Shower and shower kit €15 Member car94102 reports a shower kit and shower are complimentary. (30 Aug 2019)

PLEASE SEE POST #1 for illustrations and information

Print Wikipost

GUIDE: TAP Premium Lounge at LIS / Lisbon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: TK
Originally Posted by 1353513636
If your TK itinerary is in Y and you have no status, then no.
I have no status but my TK itinerary is also J-class as well.
Will that get me into the TAP Lounge? or any lounge at Lisbon? They have an agreement like that because of StarAlliance?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by dtxdnc
Will that get me into the TAP Lounge? or any lounge at Lisbon? They have an agreement like that because of StarAlliance?
your TK J boarding pass will get you into the lounge
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Your TK J BP will get you into the ANA (airport operator) lounge next door but not into the TP lounge. TK does not have an agreement with TP.
1flyer and dtxdnc like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Palal
Your TK J BP will get you into the ANA (airport operator) lounge next door but not into the TP lounge. TK does not have an agreement with TP.
Thanks for the info, and I was wondering If this ANA lounge has smoking rooms? Or where is the closest smoking room to the ANA lounge. Do you know about this?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:26 am

Thanks for the info, and I was wondering If this ANA lounge has smoking rooms? Or where is the closest smoking room to the ANA lounge. Do you know about this?
I just found the answer is yes with some little searching.

The thing is, I called TK about lounge access and according to their list, Blue Lounge is the only allowed for J-Class, but I felt the inexperience during our conversation. Afterall, many young inexperienced people working on these customer lines and I know they are most of the time not informative enough.

I feel the information @Palal gave, that I can enter the ANA lounge with TK J-BP is more accurate&make sense, since I liked the reviews of ANA lounge more than Blue Lounge. Guess will figure it out.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:28 am

IIRC there's a smoking area in the lounge. Otherwise the airport also has a smoking area near Gates 17-21 5 min walk from the lounge. The non-schengen area also has a smoking area
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Not true. TP and TK are both *A so a TK boarding pass in J suffices to visit. Do note that the TP lounge is in the Schengen zone so you will need to clear immigration to visit if you are arriving from outside Schengen.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:53 pm

Not true. TP and TK are both *A so a TK boarding pass in J suffices to visit. Do note that the TP lounge is in the Schengen zone so you will need to clear immigration to visit if you are arriving from outside Schengen.
I'm not sure that that is the case. I'd be interested in hearing dtxdnc's experience.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:18 pm

I'm not sure that that is the case. I'd be interested in hearing dtxdnc's experience.
I will be travelling on January and I will report back

Yes, I know both lounges are at Schengen area, after I receive my luggages from TP flight, I will check them in with TK (I am guessing I will be allowed to do that 6 hours before my flight), will clear immigration via Fast Track (as I read, J-BP will allow me for Fast Track in Lisbon) and head for the lounges.

As my question,

If you were both able to enter ANA & TP, which one you would prefer?

ANA seemed better to me, as smoking area is important (dont know if TP Lounge has it) and saw that some private rooms are allowed in ANA for resting, considering I will be entering the lounge almost when it opens (Opens at 05:00) guessing it will be empty
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
I will be travelling on January and I will report back

Yes, I know both lounges are at Schengen area, after I receive my luggages from TP flight, I will check them in with TK (I am guessing I will be allowed to do that 6 hours before my flight), will clear immigration via Fast Track (as I read, J-BP will allow me for Fast Track in Lisbon) and head for the lounges.

As my question,

ANA seemed better to me, as smoking area is important (dont know if TP Lounge has it) and saw that some private rooms are allowed in ANA for resting, considering I will be entering the lounge almost when it opens (Opens at 05:00) guessing it will be empty
You should try to get TP to tag them all the way to IST, because TK doesn't have an earlier flight than the one at 11:00 and it's unlikely that they would open their counter so early unless they use a shared counter with contract agents (I don't know if they do, anyone else know)? If the counter isn't open you can't check your luggage.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:24 am

Yes, I know both lounges are at Schengen area, after I receive my luggages from TP flight, I will check them in with TK (I am guessing I will be allowed to do that 6 hours before my flight),
The TK counter opens 3 hours before the flight.

will clear immigration via Fast Track (as I read, J-BP will allow me for Fast Track in Lisbon) and head for the lounges.
There's fast track at security, but not at immigration. You'd clear immigration
after lounges, before boarding.

TP is nicer.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:47 am

There's fast track at security, but not at immigration. You'd clear immigration
after lounges, before boarding.
Maybe, I didnt understand or was able to tell my situation correctly, so I was just looking confirmation.

My inbound to LIS with TP from non-schengen area arrives at 04:30 and My departure with TK LIS-IST(non-schengen) at 11:20 - Both seperated tickets, 1 from TP, other from TK

So, as I know, when I arrive, I should pass the immigration,(Basicly get into Portugal) get my luggages from TP, pass the customs, go back to departure area, check-in my luggages with TK, then I have to pass the passport control, then I will be in Duty-Free area (airside) and there is the TP&ANA lounges are located right?

The TK counter opens 3 hours before the flight.
Well, that is too bad for me, I really want to get rid of my luggages asap, pass the checkpoints/passport, get into lounge and kill the time until flight.

...unless they use a shared counter with contract agents
As I check, TP is selling the exact same flight that is operated by TK, so TP is selling a code-shared flight.
But my ticket is from TK, any chance will this help me?
Is it possible that counter & check-in processing completely done by TP and flight is carried by TK ? If this is the case, TP counter will be open to take my luggages for TK flight?

Last edited by dtxdnc; Nov 1, 2017 at 7:05 am
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:40 am

...then I will be in Duty-Free area (airside) and there is the TP&ANA lounges are located right?
Correct. You will be airside in the Schengen area. After you leave the lounge you will pass passport control (which does not have a priority lane) and will continue to your TK flight.

Well, that is too bad for me, I really want to get rid of my luggages asap, pass the checkpoints/passport, get into lounge and kill the time until flight.
bag deposit is available. What I would do is get your bags, go through customs, and leave your bags at left luggage. Assuming that you have your boarding pass (either from online checkin or from checking in at the machine), go back through security and hang out at the lounge. Then once the counter opens, go back downstairs, retrieve your bags, check them in, and go back through security again.

You can, of course, go into Lisbon and enjoy the city for a few hours. Given that the airport is right in the city, this won't be a problem time-wise.

[/quote]As I check, TP is selling the exact same flight that is operated by TK, so TP is selling a code-shared flight.
But my ticket is from TK, any chance will this help me?
Is it possible that counter & check-in processing completely done by TP and flight is carried by TK ? If this is the case, TP counter will be open to take my luggages for TK flight?[/QUOTE]

TK uses a different ground handler than TP at LIS and TP is unlikely to interline luggage.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
RE: ANA vs. TP

ANA is better re: spacing & lighting; much more open lounge with resting areas and the lighting in the TP lounge is super bright (at 6am).

TP is better with food & wine. They have a bartender, even at 6am-ish, and they have hot food; ANA lounge only has sandwiches and chips.
dtxdnc likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold;Hilton S; Accor S; IHG G;BW Diamond ;HA Platinum;Delta GM;OW rubby;TK G
Hello,
TAP Premium Lounge is only available for J Classes traveling on Tap and StarAlliance Gold. Next door there is another lounge called ANA Lounge which you can access (even in transit) since you travel in class J. See the link : https://www.ana.pt/en/lis/services-s...ces/ana-lounge
dtxdnc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.