Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

New Ryanair hand baggage gauge

Old Jul 3, 2017, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Just nearly had to put my hand luggage in the cargo hold due to the new 'go, no-go' gauge being used at NCL. Instead of the usual 'bar / box' arrangement that allowed u to squeeze a bag into it that I am used to, Ryanair are now employing an open fronted gauge and if the checker at the gate considers that the depth looks over the 20cm allowance then ur gonna be charged 50 quid to put ur bag in the hold. BEWARE!!!
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Used in many airports for some time.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:47 am

This new gauge was being used at Berlin SXF on Sunday night. I have not seen Ryanair check bags for a long time because their focus seems to be on loading passengers on and seeing the aircraft in the air.

The agent didn't really care about the height of the bag but appeared more concerned about the depth.

So in summary - just stick to the rules, no matter what new gauge appears at the gate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.