Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian air problem with cpap as 3rd carry on

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.

flying Norwegian Air Oakland-Oslo. any reported problems carrying Cpap as 3rd carryon?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
flying Norwegian Air Oakland-Oslo. any reported problems carrying Cpap as 3rd carryon?
I would call the airline and not assume anything. I'm guessing if they have a "2 bag" carryon rule you may be out of luck.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
"Medical equipment
Please inform our Contact Centre before your flight if you require the use of a respirator, ventilator, POC or CPAP machine on board.
We may also require you to provide us with a medical certificate to confirm that you're fit to fly.

https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/special-needs-assistance/medical-conditions/"

When you call them, they can tell you if the CPAP would be allowed in addition of the regular carryon allowance, or if it would be part of the carryon allowance.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I carry a CPAP machine on all flights and have never had a problem with it being considered a third carry on. Actually, UNITED told me that it is an FAA regulation or DOT law (don't know which one) that a CPAP machine may NOT be counted as a carry on. Never had a problem.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
wow, I missed all this. With US airlines, you are allowed 3 carryons: covered under persons with disability.

I had a tiny purse, which I could put in my carryon, and had no problems. I don't use it during flight, but I would have been in a world of hurt traveling for a month without it...

thanks all.
P
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:57 am

WOW, Spirit, and Frontier all don't count it as a carry-on, you should be fine, but I'd still double-check with the airline.

But beware that it needs to be a bag that contains ONLY the machine, tubing, mask, power pack, and anything else you bring with you when you travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.