Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wow Air Big Seat

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Wow Air Big Seat

Has anyone flown the new seat? I'm flying in September and would love to see some pics / hear thoughts on the new Big Seat on the A330.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K
+1 I am supposed to be flying this next week, would love to see a pic.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caffeinemonkey
+1 I am supposed to be flying this next week, would love to see a pic.
If you don't get pics before, please take pics!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
The seat is the Zodiac 5810. If you google search that you'll see the seat. It looks like a standard premium economy seat.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
WOW's web site already features a picture of the new big seats:

https://wowair.us/travel-info/fares/wow-seats/
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:47 am

Anyone has any photo for big seat? I am taking a flight in 3 weeks.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
They really should add those seats to their narrow bodies to entice people to buy Biz fares, even Spirit has them (Big Front Seat).
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

anyone done this yet or have any pics / reviews?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:41 am

Big Seats: Not big enough :(

OK, sorry to disappoint, but the "Big Seat -- XXL" from SFO to Iceland wasn't so great. My wife is shorter than me and she liked it, however. Details:

All in all, I can only recommend these seats if you have rather thin- and not-too-long-legs. Still, it might be better than economy, especially for shoulder room, but even so there wasn't that much shoulder space either.

Finally, although I had pre-booked these seats for both directions of my trip, Wow Air randomly booted me to the back of the plane on the flight back, without any warning, since they aren't very good about honoring seat assignments. So don't count on getting your reserved "Big Seat" -- and it's not that "Big" anyway.
        zpaul likes this.
        Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
        Originally Posted by eraoul
        Finally, although I had pre-booked these seats for both directions of my trip, Wow Air randomly booted me to the back of the plane on the flight back, without any warning, since they aren't very good about honoring seat assignments. So don't count on getting your reserved "Big Seat" -- and it's not that "Big" anyway.
        Wow Air seems to consistently screw up seat assignments. I've heard so many horror stories having to do with this.
        Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:21 am

I flied from KEF to SFO on WOW big seats. If you select 3A or 3C, the space are much better.

TravelinSperry likes this.
        Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta PM
        Any update on the seats?

I'm trying to help some friends so a AMS-STL trip next fall.
        Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: StarAlliance Gold, 1K, Marriott Platinum
        The big seats (If you get them) are for the most part better then a standard economy, and similar to many premium econ seats. However WOW has no issue pushing you out of your seat and dumping you in some middle seat at the back of the plane, even though you paid and confirmed the seat. Be prepared to not have that seat on check-in.
        In my case 4 total flights and lost the seat on one (luckily the shorter leg), co-worker 2 out of 4 and another co-worker also 1 out of 4 ... so this seems to be more than a random glitch.
        They like to double charge for it, and then go back and forth in hopes you will give up the refund request. I suspect this does generate revenue and overall the Airline knows that it has no need to invest in customer service that is not what is attracting people to the flight ...
        Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by oshkrozz
        The big seats (If you get them) are for the most part better then a standard economy, and similar to many premium econ seats. However WOW has no issue pushing you out of your seat and dumping you in some middle seat at the back of the plane, even though you paid and confirmed the seat. Be prepared to not have that seat on check-in.
        In my case 4 total flights and lost the seat on one (luckily the shorter leg), co-worker 2 out of 4 and another co-worker also 1 out of 4 ... so this seems to be more than a random glitch.
        They like to double charge for it, and then go back and forth in hopes you will give up the refund request. I suspect this does generate revenue and overall the Airline knows that it has no need to invest in customer service that is not what is attracting people to the flight ...
        I had the same experience last year when big seat first come out. I could not believe they still have not changed their seat map. As their plane only has 1 row on A/C and H/K. Not sure how they can sell 6 seats on each side. There is only 3A/C and 3H/K. Is this a scam from WOW?

Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:29 am

Is this confirmed to be the case, because I am about to book on the A330 with this exact layout on their website? If this is the case has anyone reached out to Wow?

Originally Posted by quar_k
        I had the same experience last year when big seat first come out. I could not believe they still have not changed their seat map. As their plane only has 1 row on A/C and H/K. Not sure how they can sell 6 seats on each side. There is only 3A/C and 3H/K. Is this a scam from WOW?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.