Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flybe Avios claim

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Flybe avios program, robbing b*******

Well I am lost for words

On 21 April I made a flight with my mother from Doncaster to Berlin. That was one booking, I added the Avios account number for us both (each separate accounts) so Avios were to be credited for the booking.

She returned on the 23rd on a separate booking. I added her Avios number to that booking.

Kept checking and the Avios did not credit, I didn't worry as it said it may take upto 30 days and not to take any further action until after that time.

But now, like 6 weeks and 3 days after the first flight, I went to lodge a claim with FlyBe for the missing avios. I got this message:

We are unable to credit Avios to your account as 40 days or more have passed since completing your flight.

And subsequently on the T&Cs it states:
If you believe that you are due to be awarded Avios for a recent flight that have not been deposited to your account within 30 days of completing your Eligible Flybe Flight, you can contact the Flybe Customer Service team for investigation. You have up to 40 days from completing their Eligible Flybe Flight to query your Avios application. In the event that you do not make a claim within the specified period, any Avios that are not claimed will be lost.
ARE THEY FOR REAL???

You can not claim until after 30 days, and have to claim BY 40 days????? From date of Flight??

This is absolute daylight robbery.....

Last edited by Prospero; Jun 10, 2017 at 1:04 pm Reason: Rule 16
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
and ... relax ...

... the 'consolation' is this, Flybe's earning rate is so abysmal you will earn more Avios using a credit card buying your morning coffee over 30 days. A lot more. You've really lost nothing.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:25 pm

It is a handful of Avios, so I'm not sure I would be getting as upset as you appear.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
They might randomly appear in 9 months time. That's what happened to me when I missed the 10 day window!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond
I wouldn't bother, they won't credit the Avios and will pass you from pillar to post, I fly with them on key regional routes in the UK and will continue to do so but I don't expect Avios and nor should anyone else.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingSalami
I wouldn't bother, they won't credit the Avios and will pass you from pillar to post, I fly with them on key regional routes in the UK and will continue to do so but I don't expect Avios and nor should anyone else.
Why should you or anybody else not expect the avios that the flight should entitle you to? If the flight can earn avios then you should expect to receive it.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by madfish
Why should you or anybody else not expect the avios that the flight should entitle you to? If the flight can earn avios then you should expect to receive it.
In over 20 flights on Flybe over the past 6 months, I've received a grand total of zero Avios and when I submit the claim on day 31, I get passed from pillar to post with various excuses which usually end up with me no closer to the Avios I apparently earned, I've given up on the programme as no matter what one does, you'll never get the damn things.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingSalami
In over 20 flights on Flybe over the past 6 months, I've received a grand total of zero Avios and when I submit the claim on day 31, I get passed from pillar to post with various excuses which usually end up with me no closer to the Avios I apparently earned, I've given up on the programme as no matter what one does, you'll never get the damn things.
So let's sue FlyBe for false advertising! It's scandalous that we have just come to accept big companies treating people like absolute dirt like this...
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by hungry
So let's sue FlyBe for false advertising! It's scandalous that we have just come to accept big companies treating people like absolute dirt like this...
I would think this is an over-reaction. What is it, 100 Avios?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:07 pm

It isn't a lot of Avios, I think it is something like 75-100 Avios per trip? You can try and sue if you like but it isn't a major deal in my opinion. I also don't feel like I've been treated like dirt, merely that they have a poor backend and unknowledgable frontline staff.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I would think this is an over-reaction. What is it, 100 Avios?
It doesn't matter if it it is 1, or 1 million Avios. It's the principle !
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:18 pm

It doesn't matter if it it is 1, or 1 million Avios. It's the principle !
Ok. Maybe I have more Avios that I know how to/can spend, so ~100 Avios is a rounding error.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Ok. Maybe I have more Avios that I know how to/can spend, so ~100 Avios is a rounding error.
Well bully for you.

I earned those Avios according to their program. I expect them in my account
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:27 pm

I agree, considering my average flight earnings are 18k Avios (LHR-DOH-JNB), 100 odd Avios is not a lot, especially when you consider that Flybe flights are frequently £50 or less within the UK.
Well bully for you.

I earned those Avios according to their program. I expect them in my account
Have you complained to Flybe as I get the sense that you have not done so, you may have better luck than I ever did in getting the Avios out of them.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
My flybe never post but always fill in the form on the website on day 32 and always credit about 5 days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.