Flybe Avios claim

Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:26 pm

I'm a fairly regular FlyBE flyer who credits to Avios and probably only about 10-15% of my flights credit automatically. The ones which credit are always booked directly on FlyBE.com (but not every flight booked in this way posts!) Bookings through corporate TA never seem to post, even if I ask airport check-in agents to confirm my Avios number in the booking.

That said, I've never had a retro claim rejected when done within the 30-40 day window following the final flight in the booking.

Although the amount of Avios awarded is relatively low, FlyBE do it on ticket value rather than miles flown, so a few last minute work trips can be helpful!

This is the link to claim online:
http://flybe.custhelp.com/app/ask/d/107

I have a hunch FlyBE's Avios problems are something to do with them only using/recognising certain digits of your Avios membership number (as to the whole number) as it does seem an odd way to have implemented it.

Last edited by Nikko5; Jun 5, 2017 at 3:31 pm Reason: Added link
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:35 am

Thanks for the heads up here. I have my first flybe flight next week since they started awarding avios. I have booked directly with them on their website and will be interested to see if they credit my avios account automatically.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Originally Posted by Nikko5
I'm a fairly regular FlyBE flyer who credits to Avios and probably only about 10-15% of my flights credit automatically. The ones which credit are always booked directly on FlyBE.com (but not every flight booked in this way posts!) Bookings through corporate TA never seem to post, even if I ask airport check-in agents to confirm my Avios number in the booking.

That said, I've never had a retro claim rejected when done within the 30-40 day window following the final flight in the booking.

Although the amount of Avios awarded is relatively low, FlyBE do it on ticket value rather than miles flown, so a few last minute work trips can be helpful!

This is the link to claim online:
http://flybe.custhelp.com/app/ask/d/107

I have a hunch FlyBE's Avios problems are something to do with them only using/recognising certain digits of your Avios membership number (as to the whole number) as it does seem an odd way to have implemented it.
But there is no reason for them to offer only a ten day window to claim missing Avios, apart from mean spiritedness.

BA give you six months...
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is just a fact of life about FlyBe, they are equally hard edged on EC261 and other customer service issues as well. Some airlines are like that.

I have always got my Avios from FlyBe but I do it by putting a diary entry on day 31, with a followup on day 39. It's just their system. It rarely gets to the followup, they normally reply within 48 hours.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is just a fact of life about FlyBe, they are equally hard edged on EC261 and other customer service issues as well. Some airlines are like that.

I have always got my Avios from FlyBe but I do it by putting a diary entry on day 31, with a followup on day 39. It's just their system. It rarely gets to the followup, they normally reply within 48 hours.
Why doesnt their IT system credit by default ; total con and must be against consumer law

Last edited by allturnleft; Jun 6, 2017 at 3:02 am
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Why doesnt their IT system credit be default ; total con and must be against consumer law
Well, as I kind of hinted, I don't think FlyBe put a lot of importance on getting this right. They certainly want Avios as a feature of their marketing process, but probably don't see implementing the rest of the package, including after-care, as being part of what they do. This may be rather shortsighted of them, but that's the way it goes with that airline. I suspect this is the reality of an airline that doesn't really have an important core of regular, frequent flyers, it's just not part of their mindset.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Mine turned up some six months later, in April for flights taken in October. So there's a good chance that they will turn up. But as noted above, the earning rate is a joke. For me, it just serves as activity to keep my UK avios.com account going.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by hungry
You can not claim until after 30 days, and have to claim BY 40 days?????
Correct, there's a ridiculous 10-day window for making claims - and the rule is rigidly enforced even when it's their fault the points don't credit.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:54 pm

Most low fare tickets don't earn Frequent Flier miles or so little that it usually does not make a difference. 200 points short of an award ticket maybe. But if your talking about 600-100- r/t points then it may be worth it.

To me Frequent Flier miles can be hard to redeem but then again getting credited for the flight where its due then I am all for getting the miles.

If the airfare is $100 for no miles and $200 for miles(albeit very little) I am going to save the $100 as its not worth the 300 miles.

But if I can get 1,000 miles for $100 more then of course I would consider paying the extra $100.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:52 pm

I suspect FlyBe have bigger concerns than your Avios...like another loss announced today and another restructuring coming up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40198727

Regrettable but there you are.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
False marketing and broken systems are hallmarks of failing businesses.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by tamalien
Thanks for the heads up here. I have my first flybe flight next week since they started awarding avios. I have booked directly with them on their website and will be interested to see if they credit my avios account automatically.
The avios points arrived in my avios account automatically 4 days after the flights. So obviously their system sometimes works!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.