Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Icelandair Food & Airport

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Icelandair Food & Airport

We're traveling overnight from Washington Dulles to Reykjavik. It doesn't look like there are many places around the airport to get breakfast at 8 AM, so wondering 1) If we'll get anything for breakfast on the 5 -1/4 hour flight, and 2) if there be anything much in the airport to eat at that time. I looked to see if there were any restaurants in Reykjanesbaer that are open 8 or 9 o'clock, but they appear to mostly open at 11.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by roothy123
We're traveling overnight from Washington Dulles to Reykjavik. It doesn't look like there are many places around the airport to get breakfast at 8 AM, so wondering 1) If we'll get anything for breakfast on the 5 -1/4 hour flight, and 2) if there be anything much in the airport to eat at that time. I looked to see if there were any restaurants in Reykjanesbaer that are open 8 or 9 o'clock, but they appear to mostly open at 11.
1) Assuming you are flying in economy, you can purchase food on the flight. You can also pre-order items. Check out the Saga Shop kitchen to get an idea and to find the pre-order button: http://www.icelandair.ca/information/on-board/meals/
2) You can get some sort of breakfast after you went through arrivals. They open up very early. Their breakfast cereal/fruit cocktails are actually great!

Optionally, if you are leaving with a rental car, you will find that the larger petrol service stations along route one (the main road) serve breakfast items and have some sort of corner with tables, but that's far from ideal.

Last edited by Zembla; May 15, 2017 at 4:21 am
Old May 15, 2017, 6:21 am

*wave* We hang out at the same places, roothy123. Make sure to check out the flight upgrade thread on here, too.

https://www.kefairport.is/wheninkef/en/restaurants
YouTube has video of Rejkavik and KEF.
Old May 16, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: FI Gold, BA Bronze, SK Silver
Originally Posted by roothy123
There is a 24 hour subway near the airport,,, next to Subway there is also a bakery that normally opens around 7 if I remember correctly.

Near Subway there is also a Dunkin Donuts that opens 7AM, so you should be able to find something to eat in the morning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.