FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other European Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines-469/)
-   -   Welcome back, Loganair! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines/1835089-welcome-back-loganair.html)

Sealink Apr 6, 2017 8:44 pm

Welcome back, Loganair!

From this

https://photos.smugmug.com/Airplanes...980%60s-X2.jpg

To This:

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/AFPEHH/cock...ays-AFPEHH.jpg

To This:

http://cdn.airplane-pictures.net/ima.../12/135275.jpg

And soon.... this (sorry, couldn't get a Twin Otter!)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/d...ery-xlarge.jpg

Loganair is coming home.

Codeshare flights from 1st SEP with BA and BE still have not been loaded which is a worry. They've said that BA will definitely be code-sharing, FlyBe are still talking.

Here's a nice little video. I'm not convinced about that new font! Looks like something I could make!

https://www.loganair.co.uk/wp-conten...ogo-header.png

mrow Apr 8, 2017 4:34 pm

Looks good. I really need to take that Glasgow - Barra flight, have thought about it many times before but never yet done it.

Concerto Apr 9, 2017 12:24 pm

I will be much happier to make that trip under Loganair's own brand. My motivation to fly around Scotland on Flybe branded planes was close to absolute zero, but it was an interesting Avios partner. I wonder if they will keep the same code LM. For some reason I thought the code in the past was LC, but that's wrong isn't it?

Nimrod1965 Apr 9, 2017 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by mrow (Post 28148134)
Looks good. I really need to take that Glasgow - Barra flight, have thought about it many times before but never yet done it.

I did this in 2015, I thoroughly recommend it. My trip was out and return same day and wasn't expensive. I had just enough time at Barra to take a few photos, check in on Facebook via the free wifi, a quick bathroom break and then back onto the aircraft which was in a large Scottish saltire livery.

turnleftbrighteyes Apr 11, 2017 6:34 pm

I do hope Loganair will codeshare with BA. I'm headed back to Shetland again this year and am waiting to book our return flight, which happens after Sept. 1, in hope that we'll be able to get LSI-LHR onto one ticket.

And it would also be nice to be able to redeem Avios again.

Sealink May 12, 2017 12:43 pm

So, Loganair are taking their time sorting out codeshares from 1st September.

Currently, you can book Inverness to the US via Dublin/Aer Lingus. This is because although a Loganair operated flight, Flybe has an agreement with Aer Lingus.

From 1st September, this connection is no longer bookable, nor are any flights that connect on to BA. I book Wick - Edinburgh - London or Kirkwall - Aberdeen - London regularly, and it's annoying that I have to book separately (no through checked luggage etc.)

Also, no agreement with Flybe either which while understandable surely must be impacting late summer/autumn bookings.

Finally, they've hinted that Avios redemptions will stop from 1st September, due to incompatible software. This will be really unfortunate (he typed, selfishly) as I've had some great bargains this way.

Sealink Jun 6, 2017 5:45 am

Flybe have parked their tanks on Loganair's lawn.

Rather than agree on a codeshare with Loganair from 1 September, they have signed up Eastern Airways to operate as a franchise in direct competition with Loganair.

This means the fledgling Loganair will be facing competition on these routes:

Aberdeen and Edinburgh to Kirkwall (Orkney Islands)
Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow to Sumburgh (Shetland Islands)
Glasgow to Stornoway (Outer Hebrides)
Glasgow to Manchester

So it's fair to say that codeshare talks aren't going well since the divorce was announced.

And still no news from Loganair on codeshares with Aer Lingus and BA.

Concerto Jun 7, 2017 4:31 am

That's a shame. They might have difficulty surviving in such an environment.

irishguy28 Jun 7, 2017 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Sealink (Post 28409226)
And still no news from Loganair on codeshares with Aer Lingus and BA.

Whatever about BA, I can't see why Aer Lingus would want to codeshare on any of these services.

BA's introduction of an INV-LHR service has led to dramatic falls in the number of pax flying to, and connecting via, Dublin.

Sealink Jun 7, 2017 6:26 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 28413487)
Whatever about BA, I can't see why Aer Lingus would want to codeshare on any of these services.

BA's introduction of an INV-LHR service has led to dramatic falls in the number of pax flying to, and connecting via, Dublin.

I'm not sure thats the case - I was speaking to a travel agent near Inverness who said that BA timings aren't great for connections, and they send a lot of people via Dublin because of US pre-clearance. And pricing.

irishguy28 Jun 7, 2017 7:00 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sealink (Post 28413652)
I'm not sure thats the case - I was speaking to a travel agent near Inverness who said that BA timings aren't great for connections,

Assuming people are connecting for the North American destinations, the following are the only Aer Lingus flights that you could do a same day connection at DUB with EI from the INV flight:

Toronto 13:35
Hartford 14:40
LA 15:00
Chicago 15:50
JFK 16:10
Boston 16:20

Of all of these destinations, only Hartford is not served from Heathrow; you can make a same-terminal change at T5 flying on BA from INV to any of the other destinations, not to mention to any of the other longhaul destinations served by BA that are not served from DUB.

Originally Posted by Sealink (Post 28413652)
and they send a lot of people via Dublin because of US pre-clearance. And pricing.

Indeed, the pre-clearance is very handy, and price is always a factor - if your destination is served from Dublin.

However, the number of pax that flew from INV to DUB fell by over 22% last year, according to official CAA data. Of all UK airports that had scheduled services to Dublin in both calendar years, only Bournemouth and Southend showed bigger percentage drops - due to the fact that both routes were terminated as year-round destinations during 2015 and had only sporadic service in 2016.

(By way of comparison, KLM increased its pax count by 26% to almost 42k in 2016, while BA posted 58k passengers from a standing start. I daresay there's a lot more connecting going on at AMS and LHR than at DUB, not only because the amount of passengers are several times h igher, but because there are far more viable connections to be made in those other hubs).

irishguy28 Jun 7, 2017 7:49 am

1 Attachment(s)
The decline appears to be accelerating. In March 2017, the last month for which Inverness reported numbers (they appear to have missed the April deadline, there are no figures for Inverness in the April report for any of the 3 international routes), DUB fell 26% on the previous March, with only about 27 passengers per day.

GVA more than doubled (up 101%) to overtake DUB with 876 passengers despite merely being a once-a-week seasonal service; AMS is up 54% to 3572 pax.

Concerto Jun 7, 2017 4:57 pm

I could have so used INV-GVA back in those days when my mother was still alive. It was quite a complicated procedure getting her out to Geneva at that time. It usually involved two separate easyJet bookings, connecting through LTN with a long enough layover, which seemed to work ok. As for Loganair, we used them a lot in the 80s and early 90s.

Sealink Jun 10, 2017 7:12 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 28413932)
The decline appears to be accelerating. In March 2017, the last month for which Inverness reported numbers (they appear to have missed the April deadline, there are no figures for Inverness in the April report for any of the 3 international routes), DUB fell 26% on the previous March, with only about 27 passengers per day.

GVA more than doubled (up 101%) to overtake DUB with 876 passengers despite merely being a once-a-week seasonal service; AMS is up 54% to 3572 pax.

Now that's what I call research! 🙂

I still think EI should codeshare with LM!

Sealink Jun 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Hello from all of us at Loganair, Scotland’s Airline

After 23 years flying under other airlines’ banners, Scotland’s Airline is coming home. Loganair starts flying under its own name once again on 1 September 2017, ending our nine-year relationship with Flybe.

We’ll continue to fly all of our existing routes and you can now book flights at www.loganair.co.uk for travel from 1 September.

At the same time, our former partner Flybe is challenging us head-to-head on six of the 30 routes that we fly in Scotland. It has teamed up with Eastern Airways and the majority of its competing flights will be flown by Eastern’s small 29-seat Jetstream 41 props.

We humbly believe that our greater frequency of flights, wider choice of routes and knowledge of our heartlands in the Highlands and Islands, gained over 50 years will serve you better and connect you to key UK hubs such as Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and Norwich.

Our dedicated team of 650 staff based throughout Scotland, including over 150 in the Highlands and Islands, will be on hand to help you every step of the way.

https://www.loganair.co.uk/wp-conten...3-500x1074.jpg

Loganair will continue to work with British Airways to provide onward connections to London and worldwide under a codeshare agreement. You’ll soon be able to book at www.ba.com for journeys from any Loganair destination to any point worldwide on BA’s extensive network.