EasyJet Flexi Fares Not available?

Old Mar 9, 17, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P (1k ain't what it used to be)
EasyJet Flexi Fares Not available?

I'm trying to book a Flexi Fare on EasyJet, but for the route I want, EDI-BJV every time i try to select a flexi fare it says that none are available for any dates july/august/september.

Is there a trick to booking these, or should i book a standard and 'upgrade' to a flexi after booking?

I don't have much experience with EasyJet
Old Mar 11, 17, 5:20 am

Only bookable 120 days in advance, so you should be able to see early July ones by now, but no further than that.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/booking/flexi-fares
Old Mar 12, 17, 5:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
These Flexifares really are good. Given that these days flexibility in a ticket usually causes a very high price difference (with the other carriers anyway), these are often a bargain.
Old Mar 16, 17, 5:41 pm

Just another question: do these Flexifares actually include some sort of free onboard catering, in the form of a voucher to redeemed when the trolley comes round? I think I read somewhere, among all the discontent on the BA board about BoB catering, that someone had got a 5 pound voucher when buying a Flexifare on easyJet. Would be a good deal if it were true.
Old Mar 16, 17, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Just another question: do these Flexifares actually include some sort of free onboard catering, in the form of a voucher to redeemed when the trolley comes round? I think I read somewhere, among all the discontent on the BA board about BoB catering, that someone had got a 5 pound voucher when buying a Flexifare on easyJet. Would be a good deal if it were true.
Yes, it is so. (A recent addition.)

Enjoy to up to 5 to spend on food and drink from our onboard selection when you show your FLEXI boarding pass onboard. Printed and mobile boarding passes only.
Old Mar 17, 17, 7:09 am

Excellent, really great move. Glad it's recent, because I last did a Flexifare in January 2016 and was thinking that I had missed something!
Old Jun 11, 17, 2:53 am

Programs: BA, IB, LH, U2
Onboard discount increased to 7

Easyjet never announced the initial 5 (to passengers, nor effectively to staff), but I think it was not long before October 2016.
Looking at my receipt last week I saw that the description said 7.
I have checked the website, and it is indeed now 7.
http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/booking/flexi-fares
I'm not sure how long ago it went up.

It's still very hit and miss whether the crew know about it, but my last trip was the first occasion out of twenty when I could not persuade them (it was one of the Latvian wet-leased planes with non-Easyjet crew).
So I have submitted a claim for the 14 for two of us.
Old Jul 20, 17, 3:37 pm
Formerly known as pmcgurk

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Couple of questions about these Flexi fares:

1. I was rudely told on a recent AMS-STN that the voucher can only be used for non-alcoholic drinks. Any contrary experience? Complaint filed, but anecdotal evidence always helpful

2. Can you still do the low season to high season switch? I would like to travel to DLM next summer - I've seen previous postings indicating you can switch to any flight 1 week before/3 weeks after but the EZY website is a little unclear- at least to me - and so I am unsure if we can book cheap and switch the flights without paying a fare uplift or not?
Old Jul 20, 17, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by OxfordBlue View Post
[...]
2. Can you still do the low season to high season switch? I would like to travel to DLM next summer - I've seen previous postings indicating you can switch to any flight 1 week before/3 weeks after but the EZY website is a little unclear- at least to me - and so I am unsure if we can book cheap and switch the flights without paying a fare uplift or not?
You can - though it's not specifically about 'low' or 'high' seasons but just lower or higher fares.

The specifics of the Flexi fare can be found hidden away in section 9.2 of the easyJet Terms & Conditions.

The most relevant bits are...

9.2.2 If You buy an easyJet Flexi You will be able to make an unlimited number of free changes to the Flight time in Your original Booking, conditional upon the changed Flight time falling within a fixed four week time window (starting one week before the original travel date and ending three weeks after the original travel date).
...and...

9.2.4 Changes to your easyJet Flexi Booking is conditional upon seat availability on alternative Flights. [...] Changes cannot be made within the first 24 hours that follow the initial easyJet Flexi Booking.

My experience is that time/date changes can be made on the minute of the booking +24 hours. But the (minimal) risk is that flight you really want could become fully booked in those intervening 24 hours (and they won't bump other passengers off in favour of Flexi fare holders!).

I'm pretty sure the four week time window (-1 and +3) is just based on the date of the originally booked flight, and not the specific time on said date of the originally booked flight.

One thing perhaps worth pointing out is that easyJet appear to have finnessed their pricing of Flexi flights over time, in that it seems the potential savings from employing this trick are now somewhat less than they were in earlier times. Still works though.
Old Jul 20, 17, 7:16 pm
Formerly known as pmcgurk

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Thank you Mizzter T... so from that, I guess you read the same as me, you can push a booking out within that 3 week window and - subject to seats being available - fly later on a higher priced flight without paying any fee or fare difference ​​​​​​.. do I understand that correctly?
Old Jul 21, 17, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by OxfordBlue View Post
Thank you Mizzter T... so from that, I guess you read the same as me, you can push a booking out within that 3 week window and - subject to seats being available - fly later on a higher priced flight without paying any fee or fare difference ​​​​​​.. do I understand that correctly?
Yes, and I've done just that successfully in the past.

MoneySavingExpert twigged onto this trick eventually, though it was first discussed on Flyertalk back in 2012. (It's worth noting that the condition that bookings cannot be changed within the first 24 hours was introduced later, in 2013.)
Old Jul 21, 17, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
These Flexifares really are good. Given that these days flexibility in a ticket usually causes a very high price difference (with the other carriers anyway), these are often a bargain.
Maybe there are routes/cases where it makes sense - but I've never seen the point of a Flexifare.

On the rotue of most interest to me [AMS-BER], Flexifares are often as much as triple/quadruple the regular price.

The prices below are for AMS-SXF; you can buy a "Flex" KLM economy fare for not much more than some of those "Flexi" prices, with far less restrictions on when to rebook - and which can be fully refunded (not clear to me that Flexi fares can be refunded or not).

The €8 "saving" on flying to SXF would be nobbled by the exta price/time of travelling to/from that airport in my case, anyway.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 21, 17, 1:41 pm

I think you can safely assume that all easyJet Flexfares, as well as other fares, are non refundable. I found the Flexfare that I booked useful, because I came off a Virgin Atlantic flight which arrived early at LGW, and I was able to rebook my LGW-AMS Flexfare for free and save myself an 8 hour layover. After an overnight TATL I was glad to have this flexibility and be able to return home earlier.
Old Jul 24, 17, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
I would have just used 4,500 Avios and €21 to book a BA reward flight home. I have sometimes done that when arriving back in London and not wanting to continue onwards on that ticket to Oslo or wherever, only to have to wait there for another flight back to AMS!
Old Sep 3, 17, 5:43 am

Programs: BA, IB, LH, U2
No alcohol restriction

There is nothing in the Ts&Cs about alcohol.
I have used it to get 7 off a half bottle of champagne.
I think you just got a sour or proselytizing crew member.

Search this Thread