Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Icelandair Online Seat Selection - Economy booking but Business/Saga seating?

Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC, EY Guest

Hi all,

This will be my first trip with FI, from Manchester to Keflavik and then Keflavik to Oslo on the return, all in Economy. These flights were made as a part of a booking with Qatar Airways (QR) from Asia to Iceland.

As I performed online check-in today on the Icelandair website for the FI sector, I was given an option to pick a 2X2 seat in row 6 (usually I would expect a 3x3 row seat for economy class).

I was wondering if this was a glitch, and that I should expected to moved back later at the check-in desk?, or whether this was alright and the 2x2 was of the EuroBusiness style with the middle seat blocked-off instead of an actual only two seats.

(The flight is on a 757-200, and the seating chart shows that the 3x3 rows begin at row 7, with a lavatory in lieu of 7ABC (behind 6AC).

Thanks for your help!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
A typical Icelandair plane is configured like this:

Business Class: 2 x 2 seating (no blocked middle seat and similar to Premium Economy elsewhere)
Premium Economy: 2 x 2 seating with a blocked middle seat
And then Economy

However, quite a lot of the time, they push the curtain forward so if you book Premium Economy, you get business class seating.

I would suggest you've been upgraded to their PE, and just so happen to have access to PE business seats. I had an all-PE trip on FI earlier in the year and found I was proactively moved into superior seats without anyone telling me.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC, EY Guest
Originally Posted by Skatering
A typical Icelandair plane is configured like this:

Business Class: 2 x 2 seating (no blocked middle seat and similar to Premium Economy elsewhere)
Premium Economy: 2 x 2 seating with a blocked middle seat
And then Economy

However, quite a lot of the time, they push the curtain forward so if you book Premium Economy, you get business class seating.

I would suggest you've been upgraded to their PE, and just so happen to have access to PE business seats. I had an all-PE trip on FI earlier in the year and found I was proactively moved into superior seats without anyone telling me.
Thanks Skatering; I believe that is the case that the curtain was pushed forward, as there were about two more rows in front of us before the curtains, and we did get complimentary F&B so pretty sure we were in premium. Thanks for the information again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.