Norwegian short haul hand bagggage

Old Dec 10, 16, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Norwegian short haul hand bagggage

I have used Norwegian several times over the last two years. Recently, I have noticed that their carry hand baggage allowance has changed from one case/trolley (of 10kgs) plus laptop sized bag/hang bag (no weight limit) to a combined 10kgs.

How new is this policy and did I miss something and managed to get away with carrying too much for the past few trips?
Old Dec 10, 16, 12:04 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, TK Elite Plus, A3 Gold, BT VIP
This has been valid for more than a year. You just usually don't face the issue as they don't care about your carry-on unless you are a) checking a bag in, b) trying to board with an apparently too big carry-on, c) trying to board with apparently too many carry-ons.
Old Dec 13, 16, 3:34 am
Original Poster

I don't understand. Why would they care about my carry on if I am checking a bag in? They don't know I've checked in when I'm at the gate.
Old Dec 13, 16, 3:42 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by eastflyer123 View Post
I don't understand. Why would they care about my carry on if I am checking a bag in? They don't know I've checked in when I'm at the gate.
It's the only time you'd come into contact with a member of staff with a scale to weight your cabin baggage. If you don't go to a check in desk then you're unlikely to face weight related problems

Search this Thread
Search Engine: