Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP Portugal transfer to Air Canada in LHR T2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

Hi,

I will be doing this transfer in my next trip with just under 2h to spare. I know that AC leaves from T2B, but I can't find any solid information on where TP flight arrives. I saw somewhere that it also arrives in T2B (unlike other EU flights) but the security control is in T2A. It's quite a long distance to cover, back and forth. Can someone confirm?

I have *G and should have access to Gold track.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
2h will be fine. IIRC TP is at T2A
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'm hoping to be able to use the lounge during transit
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by vd0t
I'm hoping to be able to use the lounge during transit
Should not be a problem, while the walking distances can be long in T2, the facilities are fairly efficient.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
TAP Lounge recommendation at Heathrow?

Any recommendations for LHR lounge when flying out TAP? FWIW, I'm arriving in the afternoon on UA from SFO and connecting on to LIS.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 1kBill
Any recommendations for LHR lounge when flying out TAP? FWIW, I'm arriving in the afternoon on UA from SFO and connecting on to LIS.
If you know whether your gate is T2A or T2B I would chose based on that. Though if you depart at peak times the LH lounge in 2A gets very crowded. In 2B I have only tried the SQ lounge, and I was pretty underwhelmed. So maybe go for Air Canada in 2B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.