Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Czech Airlines - required to show CC at check in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Czech Airlines - required to show CC at check in?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:23 am
Original Poster

I didn't want to write anymore but this is interesting. New email from CSA, I just covered the private and irrelevant details. Quote:

"[...]The problem was only in writing the e-mail, my colleague, [his full name and surname here], who made the refund and who wrote you the first e-mail, made a mistake in the numbers, he wrote in the e-mail [wrong amount] instead of [right amount], but he really had refunded [right amount] to you.

We do apologize.

Best regards",

[End of quote]

So they're blaming each other for the mistakes in front of a customer like "no it was not me, blame him" (*pointing his finger*). Look, in the beginning of this story, I was confused, then I was angry, now I find this all just funny. I'm not mad anymore, I'm just reading this and it's so childish and amateurish that you can only smile.

And after all these embarassements, these "apologists" still won't accept defeat. People should never listen to your disastrous advices. Instead, they should be persistent when it is clear that something it's just not right.

Btw the airline obviously does not assign one person to your case, but you write them and first you get answered by Mr. John, then you reply to him, but you get an answer from Mr. Paul, then Mr. George... and so on. I think that this obviously creates disorganisation and miscoordination among them. But anyway, I can't fix all their flaws.

I'm just thankful that there were reasonable individuals there, who apologized, refunded me in full and in reasonable timeframe. Now I can just move on, no need for further arguments.

About the Plan B and the "annoyances". It's not a big deal. It will include few hours on a bus to a neighbouring country and one night in hotel there. When I arrive there, the hotel is just one step from the bus station. No need for taxi. And in the morning, there's a public transport stop in front of the hotel, that will lead me directly to the airport. It's a no brainer.

However, it may be boring in the bus, and also, it may be a bit uncomfortable to go through public transport with the luggage (there will be lot of people going to work in the morning). But I've done it many times before, in buses, subways and where not.

The plan may be not perfect, but it's far better than the cancelled CSA flight which will never ever take off heheh.

In the end, when you calculate all the expenses (bus, hotel, flight etc.), the total will be (more or less) the same as in the original plan. It's also good that it will include just one stop; the waiting for the connecting flight will be short; and the arrival at my final destination will be at a normal daytime. The only reroute option that they could offer was much worse than this.

So, I think that I explained everything, now good luck all, I'm going to concentrate on other things, thank you. To all the apologists who never learn anything from this: if you like CSA so much, I wish you to fly with them everyday heheh
Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by vabsh
I'm just reading this and it's so childish and amateurish that you can only smile.
The perfect summary of this thread.

Glad you've joined us on the smiling side ^
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:07 pm

Sorry, but this story about having to show the Credit Card you booked with is utter tosh.

I fly for a living. NEVER EVER have I been obliged to show the card that was used to pay for the trip.
Moreover, Most travellers on business travel would not be able as their travel office takes care of bookings.
Also package tourists, and any pax. booking trough travel agencies are not able to comply.

So in short, NO. You do not need to show your payment card to checkin personnel. If asked, be very wary as this is most probably a scam and fraud attempt.

Best regards,

T.

Captain B747-400
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Icelanta
Sorry, but this story about having to show the Credit Card you booked with is utter tosh.

I fly for a living. NEVER EVER have I been obliged to show the card that was used to pay for the trip.
Moreover, Most travellers on business travel would not be able as their travel office takes care of bookings.
Also package tourists, and any pax. booking trough travel agencies are not able to comply.

So in short, NO. You do not need to show your payment card to checkin personnel. If asked, be very wary as this is most probably a scam and fraud attempt.
Sorry, you're wrong. There are most definitely airlines which ask this. Here's a reference to it on Emirates website.

http://www.emirates.com/english/help...velling-myself

I have been subject to this, as have others up thread. The point in the OP which was dismissed by most, was that a call centre employee of an airline who don't have such a policy should know about it existing on other airlines.

The given reason for such a policy is usually to combat fraud. Regarding travel agency bookings the airline's money is safe as they will be paid by the agency. I'm not sure how it would work with all company bookings, but for me the credit card used is in my own name and held by me, despite being a company card.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Originally Posted by vabsh
I didn't want to write anymore but this is interesting. New email from CSA, I just covered the private and irrelevant details. Quote:

"[...]The problem was only in writing the e-mail, my colleague, [his full name and surname here], who made the refund and who wrote you the first e-mail, made a mistake in the numbers, he wrote in the e-mail [wrong amount] instead of [right amount], but he really had refunded [right amount] to you.

We do apologize.

Best regards",

[End of quote]

So they're blaming each other for the mistakes in front of a customer like "no it was not me, blame him" (*pointing his finger*). Look, in the beginning of this story, I was confused, then I was angry, now I find this all just funny. I'm not mad anymore, I'm just reading this and it's so childish and amateurish that you can only smile.

And after all these embarassements, these "apologists" still won't accept defeat. People should never listen to your disastrous advices. Instead, they should be persistent when it is clear that something it's just not right.

Btw the airline obviously does not assign one person to your case, but you write them and first you get answered by Mr. John, then you reply to him, but you get an answer from Mr. Paul, then Mr. George... and so on. I think that this obviously creates disorganisation and miscoordination among them. But anyway, I can't fix all their flaws.

I'm just thankful that there were reasonable individuals there, who apologized, refunded me in full and in reasonable timeframe. Now I can just move on, no need for further arguments.

About the Plan B and the "annoyances". It's not a big deal. It will include few hours on a bus to a neighbouring country and one night in hotel there. When I arrive there, the hotel is just one step from the bus station. No need for taxi. And in the morning, there's a public transport stop in front of the hotel, that will lead me directly to the airport. It's a no brainer.

However, it may be boring in the bus, and also, it may be a bit uncomfortable to go through public transport with the luggage (there will be lot of people going to work in the morning). But I've done it many times before, in buses, subways and where not.

The plan may be not perfect, but it's far better than the cancelled CSA flight which will never ever take off heheh.

In the end, when you calculate all the expenses (bus, hotel, flight etc.), the total will be (more or less) the same as in the original plan. It's also good that it will include just one stop; the waiting for the connecting flight will be short; and the arrival at my final destination will be at a normal daytime. The only reroute option that they could offer was much worse than this.

So, I think that I explained everything, now good luck all, I'm going to concentrate on other things, thank you. To all the apologists who never learn anything from this: if you like CSA so much, I wish you to fly with them everyday heheh
You live in Skopje so where are you flying from now? Sofia? Thessaloniki? Belgrade?

When I went to skopje I flew there directly on Wizz Air and on the return flight I fley from INI (Nis, Serbia). However that tiny airport only has a couple of flights and mostly Wizz Air. I don't think you can handle Wizz Air if you can't even handle CSA, haha.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Delete
Old Oct 31, 2016, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Airlines never require this for tickets booked via travel agents.

The travel agency that issued the ticket *has* to pay the airline - therefore, the airline has no reason to "check" passengers holding such tickets. (If there is any suspicion of fraud with such pax, that's a matter for the agency to deal with - not the airline).

Asking for the credit card to be shown at check-in is customary only in certain countries and regions.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

Captain B747-400
If you fly for a living, shouldn't the airline be paying you, rather than the other way around?

Anyway, what you say is incorrect. It does happen, though it's quite rare (in Europe and the US at least).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.