Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vueling XL & Excellence seats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:39 pm

I’m flying on airbus 321. Which seat in row one should I chose ? Is there is bulkhead in front of abc or def side ?
Hows legroom for someone who is tall?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:34 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Please follow this thread as it joins the other Vueling related topics in the Other European Airlines forum.

Prospero
Moderator: IB forum
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:23 pm
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gateH15
I’m flying on airbus 321. Which seat in row one should I chose ? Is there is bulkhead in front of abc or def side ?
Hows legroom for someone who is tall?
yes, abcdef all bulkhead, not so much room to stretch your legs, but not much obstructing your knees. If you take an aisle seat you can always stretch into the aisle a bit... rows 2,3,4 have decent legroom, I'm 6ft2in and find the additional legroom to be sufficient! That or an exit row of course...

Last edited by AndreasJ; Jun 18, 2019 at 4:25 pm Reason: addition
Old Jun 18, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by mrshyt
yes, abcdef all bulkhead, not so much room to stretch your legs, but not much obstructing your knees. If you take an aisle seat you can always stretch into the aisle a bit... rows 2,3,4 have decent legroom, I'm 6ft2in and find the additional legroom to be sufficient! That or an exit row of course...
thank you! SeatGuru description says it’s good but most of the time it can’t be trusted hence i asked. I wanted to know if bulkhead is missing similar to Ryanair 1abc.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
A few things to update here as Vueling are constantly changing their fare/product names and conditions.

They now have three levels:

Basic - this is exactly what you think. No checked bag, no seat selection, no, changes, no nothing.
Optima - seat selection (in a "bad" seat), checked bag, some flexibility.
TimeFlex - same as Optima but with changeable ticket, fast track and priority boarding. NOTE that you will now still have to pay for better seats. Rows 2-4 are called Space Plus and cost 20€. Row 1 is called SpaceOne and costs 25€. There is no longer a blocked middle, there is no longer any catering. They can and will pack them in 3 across. Also note that these Space One seats have the tray tables in the armrests, so they are about 5cm narrower than the other seats. The only way to guarantee a free middle is to buy it yourself. So yes, this is worse in literally every way.

I'll be very glad when they move on from this miserable pricing and onto whatever new shiny thing distracts their marketing team next, hopefully something that resembles a normal, crap European J seat.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by gateH15

thank you! SeatGuru description says it’s good but most of the time it can’t be trusted hence i asked. I wanted to know if bulkhead is missing similar to Ryanair 1abc.
There is a bulkhead. If you roll the dice and check in very late you can usually get a good seat (and associated priority boarding) for free, Vueling’s IT is not as “good” as easyJet in this sense
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:51 am

Hoping I can put this tangent in. We're showing as Optima on Vueling BCN-FCO and back in conjunction with LEVEL U.S.-BCN on an IB award. As I understand we could print boarding passes now for the August-September VY flights. Is there any downside to doing so? The main area where I'm thinking it could come up: now we're willing to deal with the normal seats for these short flights in conjunction with flights in Row 1 on Level, but if we find them intolerable on the outbound, could we upgrade to more legroom on the return after printing the BPs, assuming better seats are available at that point, three weeks before the return?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by rove312
Hoping I can put this tangent in. We're showing as Optima on Vueling BCN-FCO and back in conjunction with LEVEL U.S.-BCN on an IB award. As I understand we could print boarding passes now for the August-September VY flights. Is there any downside to doing so? The main area where I'm thinking it could come up: now we're willing to deal with the normal seats for these short flights in conjunction with flights in Row 1 on Level, but if we find them intolerable on the outbound, could we upgrade to more legroom on the return after printing the BPs, assuming better seats are available at that point, three weeks before the return?
VY will always take your money if you want to pay more for different seats, doesn't matter if you have a boarding pass or not.

That said, the normal seats are...fine for an LCC on a short flight like BCN-FCO. You get maybe another inch of pitch going for the SPACE seats at the front of the cabin. Probably not worth it on that short flight.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Is it possible to get into boarding group 1 or 2 without purchasing a TimeFlex ticket or SpaceOne seat? I don't see a way to purchase priority boarding as a standalone benefit yet most of the plane seems to be in group 2 or higher. I purchased a walk-up ticket on the app while at LGW (literally, after an EasyJet cancellation) and there was no escape from group 3 despite the eye-watering cost of the ticket.

(Legroom in the bad seats was tolerable for 1.5hr or less, I'd say - same as Wizzair).
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Is it possible to get into boarding group 1 or 2 without purchasing a TimeFlex ticket or SpaceOne seat? I don't see a way to purchase priority boarding as a standalone benefit yet most of the plane seems to be in group 2 or higher. I purchased a walk-up ticket on the app while at LGW (literally, after an EasyJet cancellation) and there was no escape from group 3 despite the eye-watering cost of the ticket.

(Legroom in the bad seats was tolerable for 1.5hr or less, I'd say - same as Wizzair).
Group 2 is generally just the back half of the plane, whilst Group 3 is the front half. Group 1 is the first few rows.

Seats are assigned for free from the back forward, so ironically those being cheap are going to have a "priority" when boarding over somebody who paid to choose a seat near the front.

I believe I was offered Priority Boarding when I checked in for a recent VY flight, but didn't need it because I was travelling very light.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Good to know, thank you.

I mean, I’d have paid the extra if they’d let me but 🤷.♂️ It all worked out fine in the end. Except for the interesting experience of a guy behind me who continued his mobile phone conservation not just during the takeoff roll but as we were in the climb. He was genuinely perplexed when the signal broke up.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:27 am

Does this mean you were in BCN and didn't even say hi?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.