Wiki Posts
Search

Ryanair and carry on?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Internaut
Only thing I'd advise with Ryan Air.... Buy an assigned seat in advance. It gives you priority boarding
No, it doesn't.

Only the "priority seats" [First 5 rows and the 2 emergency exit rows] come with advance boarding included. "Standard" seats do not include priority boarding.

Priority Boarding can be added to any Ryanair reservation, whether or not you pay for a seat selection.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: OMNI Platinum
Originally Posted by Internaut
Only thing I'd advise with Ryan Air.... Buy an assigned seat in advance. It gives you priority boarding and pretty much guarantees a space for your bag in the overhead bins.
I did just that, seat 7D on both flights, which allows priority boarding. For me it was cheaper to fly FR with advance seat booking than flying Aer Lingus.. The flight also kept to schedule and there were no annoying advertisements playing during the flight.

EDIT: Maybe I paid for Priority boarding, I don't remember. Regardless my total came out to $86 when the other flights were $106 and +
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:27 pm

Anyone with recent experience on Ryanair (after all the recent more-strict-less-strict changes). What have you see wrt. carryon sizes?
I have several US-carrier sized carryons that are close but slightly oversized (perhaps by 1cm on thickness or 1-2cm on height if including wheels). Nothing egregious, but we have 3 people and buying 3 carryon bags (that will be discarded after the trip) isn't really appealing.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:11 am
J S

What is the story with rows 31-33? It seems odd that the last three rows on the plane would be more expensive for the same leg room.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by J S
What is the story with rows 31-33? It seems odd that the last three rows on the plane would be more expensive for the same leg room.
Quick exit out the rear door.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:29 am
J S

Originally Posted by ft101
Quick exit out the rear door.
Got it. Thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Don’t know if it was just the plane I was on but row 31 on the DEF side had noticeably less legroom.
I would avoid this row if you have a choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.