Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Germania (ST) files for bankruptcy, flights cancelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB

https://www.dw.com/en/berlins-german...hts/a-47359882
Berlin-based Germania airline has stopped all flights and applied for bankruptcy after failing to cover a "short-term liquidity problem."
The Berlin-based company cancelled all flights and advised passengers to contact their travel agents about alternative arrangements.
People who bought their tickets directly from the company "unfortunately have no claim to alternative trips," the company said.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Temedar
People who bought their tickets directly from the company "unfortunately have no claim to alternative trips," the company said.
They can however contact their credit card provider and initiate a chargeback to get a full refund of the amount paid. This said, it probably won't cover the current price of a similar fare on another carrier.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Shame there's not more discussion about Germania. Clearly not many of our lot flew with them. I was personally hoping that they might pick up some of the routes of Air Berlin and become a more mainstream second airline in Germany. I was thinking, not many European countries have two major airlines any more (not counting LCCs). However, Italy has Air Italy in addition to Alitalia. And Spain has AirEuropa in addition to Iberia. I do hope these ones don't go belly up as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.