Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Excellent Norwegian Air experience - LAX - CPH - ARN - LAX

Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Overall we had an excellent experience with our Spring break trip to Denmark and Sweden. I had booked the trip way back in July of last year at the lowest price.

Swift checkin at LAX. I had paid $25 for 1 checked in bag. We carried on 2 21 inch rolling bags and no one checked weight or size anywhere. I also carried a small camera bag with me and no questions asked.

Note that all bags were underweight by a 2 or 3 kgs anyway.
Similar experience at ARN and we had no issues.

The only thing I would recommend is for employees inside aircraft and at gates/terminals to smile a bit more :-) Some appeared very stiff which is not very welcoming.

We are in love with Norwegian and expecting more trips with them in future.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
A nice change from this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...st-europe.html
Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:50 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Ha ha - exactly my thought...
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:28 am

Programs: TrueBlue
I flew Norwegian from Bergen to JFK back in '14 and it was one of the better experiences I've had on a long-haul flight. As I live in NH, I'm looking forward to Norwegian expanding their BOS operations.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
I should have saved my post in that thread for this one instead.

We were also happy with Norwegian and plan to use them again.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26424726-post25.html
Old Apr 22, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Flown them twice.

Once domestically in Europe on a 737.
Brilliant plane, free Wifi good IFE, exceeded my expectations of an LCC..

And then again on a CPH-JFK flight on a 787.
Good Wifi. OK food.. Very similar to Jetstar JQ 787 out of Australia.

They're not a fully service carrier but neither is the price
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Only flown with them once in 14, PMI-LGW for a meeting and I have to say I was very impressed, fresh planes free wifi and reasonably priced drinks

Last edited by aidy; Apr 22, 2016 at 2:11 pm Reason: Wrong year
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: LH
Flown the DY this week LAX-OSL. The cabin crew was not so good. Behaved like robots. I have the nice&tasty meal and it was inedible. One of the worst airline meals I have ever received.
The plane on the other hand the plane is amazing.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL PM
taking Norwegian from DBV -> OSL -> LAX mid-june, 2 of us.
bought the lowest fare without reserved seat ($40 for the OSL-LAX leg).
my question is, with unreserved seats, will they try to seat us together at check in? or am I better off choking up $80 to put us together? Neither of us cares if we have window+mid or mid+aisle.
Old May 1, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Pretty odd thing to nitpick. Doesn't Norwegian have IFE on their flights? So you can stop looking to the crew for your entertainment.

The cabin crew was not so good. Behaved like robots.
The only thing I would recommend is for employees inside aircraft and at gates/terminals to smile a bit more...
Old May 4, 2016, 11:29 am
DNA

Programs: BAEC
We flew BOS-OSL-AMS and back in late April. One ticket was LowFare+ (in order to bring a suitcase and keep the young one fed on the flight), and two others just plain LowFare.

Pros: price, clean new planes. The Dreamliner is excellent.

Cons: so-so food, could not sit together on the BOS-OSL leg, and had to take the 3 seats in the middle on the way back (you can choose/change seats at check-in, but there were few possible options available).
Old May 29, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
DY International Transfer at ARN

My Son and a Friend are flying DY from Venice to LAX via ARN. The fights issued are VCE-ARN ARN-LAX with a 1:10 minute connection at ARN. Does DY check you in all the way to your final destinationo(i.e. Getting Boarding Passes for the second flight (ARN-LAX) while checking in for the first flight (VCE-ARN)?

Additionally if you have transferred throught ARN is there any Customs Check as 1:10 seems a bit tight to me?

Thanks and Safe Travels
Old May 30, 2016, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
My Son and a Friend are flying DY from Venice to LAX via ARN. The fights issued are VCE-ARN ARN-LAX with a 1:10 minute connection at ARN. Does DY check you in all the way to your final destinationo(i.e. Getting Boarding Passes for the second flight (ARN-LAX) while checking in for the first flight (VCE-ARN)?

Additionally if you have transferred throught ARN is there any Customs Check as 1:10 seems a bit tight to me?

Thanks and Safe Travels
If it is booked as connecting flights on one ticket, DY will check them through and 1:10 is more than plenty in ARN. No customs check, but a Schengen passport control when leaving Stockholm.
Old May 30, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If it is booked as connecting flights on one ticket, DY will check them through and 1:10 is more than plenty in ARN. No customs check, but a Schengen passport control when leaving Stockholm.
Thanks for your reply. Nice to know, its for my teenage Son and he was curious. Safe Travels..
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:08 pm

Tagging on

Sorry this is a smidgen off topic but on this route, LAX-CPH, can anyone tell me if the plane is boarded using two doors, or only one?

I will be traveling with someone who is handicapped and we want to ensure our seat assignments are as close to where we board as possible.

Thanks for any info!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.