Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

easyjet online booking mistake question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:00 am
Original Poster

I've never run into this situation before and would like to get some advice/feedback on what to do.

I booked a roundtrip ticket online through the carrier EasyJet for Prague to Paris. A lot was going on at the time and I made a mistake in the booking which I did not notice until I paid--I booked the return for the date and time in May that I wanted to return in April. I immediately called customer service and explained the situation asked if it was possible to get the date changed to April as courtesy free of charge. Apparently it is not possible. They told me I could just cancel the ticket, paying an admin fee of $16 (and, they told me, waiting 10 days for the refund to appear on my card), or I could change and pay the difference of the flight. They said so long as I do this within 24 hours there is no change fee, just paying the difference. But here is the thing.

Based on comparison of the airfare difference as displayed on the website and as quoted on the phone, they appear to be overcharging me for the "difference" which leads me to believe there is really a "hidden" change fee in the price. The fee they quote to change the date is double what appears on the website if I attempt to make the change myself. But the website does include (a very high) charge fee, despite the fact 24 hours have not passed, in addition to the fare difference (which is 50% cheaper than the fare difference I'm being told I'd need to pay on the phone).

I have never run into this situation before since all of my previous bookings have gone smoothly, and I'd like to know if anyone has advice on how best to handle the situation. I am considering just canceling the ticket, but then I will incur the $16 "admin" fee. Are "admin" fees like this really legitimate? Has anyone every disputed a fee like this with their credit card?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: OnePass, Delta
My question would be, first, how badly do you want to make the change? Is it not worth the $16 do correct a mistake you made in the first place?

Does EasyJet offer refundable fares?

Enjoy your trip and I trust it gets sorted out for you, and soon.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Maybe the fare is including a phone reservation fee as you are booking it via the call center. Can you do the change online for the fare difference?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 5:07 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
FYI, there is a forum for "Other European Airlines" which has a lot of EasyJet posters in residence. I have asked a mod to move your post there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.