FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other European Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines-469/)
-   -   Norwegian Airlines: the worst of Europe? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines/1747535-norwegian-airlines-worst-europe.html)

Dreamlinerone Feb 18, 2016 11:07 pm

Norwegian Airlines: the worst of Europe?

I was drawn to Norwegian.com because of their low price. But once I had a few flights with them, I realized that was a mistake. Norwegian is like a poorly designed machine that is fully automated. This means there's no customer service that's run by humans. Virtually all of their at-terminal services are contracted to third-party companies. And these companies care less about the customers of Norwegian Airlines. The do the minimum and if there's any issues, they pass the bugs claiming they're not Norwegian, and point you to Norwegian customer service, which is located in Norway! The 800 number for US customers do not work most of the time. It's impossible to get a hold of someone at Norwegian for any resolution. Norwegian also use cheapest labor from Thailand or elsewhere. I've had better service at a run-down McDonald's. The flights were almost always late. They also made changes to departure time often without making proper announcement, causing some passengers to miss the flight! All the bell and whistle about the aircraft Norwegian is trying to advertise turn out to be yet another disappointment. The foods in the Premium Class are in the disgusting category. Looking back, I think it'd have been better to pay a little more on another airlines to avoid the pain Norwegian inflicted on us.

Jainzar Feb 18, 2016 11:49 pm

You got what you booked.

But how does this now relate to the Greek airline Aegean?

livious Feb 19, 2016 1:06 am

I notified the mods and asked them to move this to the appropriate forum.

TheTakeOffRush Feb 19, 2016 1:16 am

Awww, OP, I was hoping you'd suggest some meaningful rubric which would show Norwegian (DY) trouncing the competition LCCs (and main carriers???) for the first ever, pseudoscientifically-sound Worst European Airline trophy.

GrayAnderson Feb 19, 2016 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar (Post 26209248)
You got what you booked.

But how does this now relate to the Greek airline Aegean?

They rhyme?

irishguy28 Feb 19, 2016 2:23 am

Some people will always be the unlucky ones that have a bad experience with an airline. This happens to any and every airline.

I've flown with Norwegian a good many times now - never on the longhaul fleet (except when the Dreamliner was being used on the shorthaul network for familiarisation purposes!). What the OP has experienced is not a typical Norwegian experience.

They are perfectly fine to fly with. Sorry that the OP had a bad experience, but this is not the typical Norwegian experience.

demue Feb 19, 2016 2:45 am

I would suggest that this is moved to the "Other European Airlines" thread as the OP obviously mixed up the Greek carrier Aegean Airlines with Norwegian Air (Shuttle).

I pinged the mods. Ahh sorry, I just saw that mods have been informed already, sorry about that.

benberg2013 Feb 19, 2016 3:00 am

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson (Post 26209606)
They rhyme?

:D

KLouis Feb 19, 2016 5:25 am

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson (Post 26209606)
They rhyme?

They don't: it's norWEEgian vs. aeGEEan. :)

djjaguar64 Feb 19, 2016 10:55 am

You want cheeep you get cheep.

irishguy28 Feb 19, 2016 11:01 am

Originally Posted by KLouis (Post 26209994)
They don't: it's norWEEgian vs. aeGEEan. :)

But it's the last syllable that counts!

frenchft Feb 19, 2016 11:04 am

Everything has a price...

djjaguar64 Feb 19, 2016 11:52 am

Originally Posted by frenchft (Post 26211723)
Everything has a price...

But in this case, the experience is priceless!! LOL :D:D:D

frenchft Feb 19, 2016 11:59 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64 (Post 26212049)
But in this case, the experience is priceless!! LOL :D:D:D

sure ;) next time back to the "classic airlines path"

NWIFlyer Feb 19, 2016 1:58 pm

dreamlinerone, welcome to FT and I'm sorry it's a poor experience with Norwegian that's brought you here. Hopefully you'll find advice about how to gain a better experience next time, with Norwegian or other airlines!

I'll move your post over to the 'Other European Airlines' forum where it'll be better placed.