Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair: "How was that flight you took, 1.5 years ago?"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Received an email today from Ryanair, asking me to rate my "flying experience from Eindhoven to Dublin T1"?

I did take that flight.

On August 1st, 2014.

This is what I believe happened: The marketing intern ran out of coins to keep the mass mailings server running. Ever since then, he's been on a copy & paste spree to get the job done. He's catching up though, and is now only 567 days behind.

Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
How strange
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by gpia
Received an email today from Ryanair, asking me to rate my "flying experience from Eindhoven to Dublin T1"?

I did take that flight.

On August 1st, 2014.

This is what I believe happened: The marketing intern ran out of coins to keep the mass mailings server running. Ever since then, he's been on a copy & paste spree to get the job done. He's catching up though, and is now only 567 days behind.

I just got a survey for a flight I took from Dublin to Bucharest in June 2014
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I got a survey for a flight I have yet to take!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Maybe it's a survey how many months after the flight, people are still having nightmares with the Ryanair tune spooking through their mind, and didn't recover yet from back and knee injuries from the seats.

The survey about a flight yet to take might be to grade any psychological fears people already have
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, LH
Ryanair sent me a survey last night regarding my Lisbon--> Eindhoven flight I took in April, 2015.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 2:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Originally Posted by Palal
I got a survey for a flight I have yet to take!
You win!

You may now get 15 scratch cards if you buy 5 (offer only valid today!)
Old Feb 20, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Maybe this is the only way they get good reviews from anybody, kinda like with child birth. A fond memory of the whole affair depends on your fading recollection of the pain. Eighteen months out you're more likely to say, "Oh, it wasn't all that bad. It was a nice bloke who delivered granny's walker three days late, after it was put on a plane to Larnaca instead of Leeds." And then you rate them 3.5 stars out of 5, instead of just 2.

Last edited by WillTravel4Food; Feb 20, 2016 at 6:41 am
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Maybe this is the only way they get good reviews from anybody, kinda like with child birth. A fond memory of the whole affair depends on your fading recollection of the pain. Eighteen months out you're more likely to say, "Oh, it wasn't all that bad. It was a nice bloke who delivered granny's walker three days late, after it was put on a plane to Larnaca instead of Leeds." And then you rate them 3.5 stars out of 5, instead of just 2.
Not from the OP! That was my only flight ever on FR, I remember it very well. Ended up paying 70€ for not having a printout of my boarding pass at the airport. No romanticising that "travel experience"

(And no, i don't blame anyone but myself for that, just didn't see that coming, and thus didn't pay enough attention to the plethora of pre flight emails...!)

Last edited by gpia; Feb 20, 2016 at 7:02 am Reason: accidentally hit sent
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Flight review request

I'm like Palal. I got a E-mail from Ryan air yesterday asking me to rate my flight from EDI-DUB this coming April. The only part of the survey I completed is where it asks for remarks. What I wrote is printable on this forum. I'll probably be denied boarding now!!

ML
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: Star Alliance
I also got an email yesterday to rate my flight from Stanstead to Lisbon in May 2014.

Ryanair sent me an email today to apologize for the mixup. So they finally realized they had made a mistake.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Who knows, maybe FR is branching out into time travel.

A friend of mine said this might also be a marketing gimmick - they get people to look at the site and maybe buy a flight, but I think this was just some poor schmuck who didn't know how to properly use database querying when he was selecting the recipients.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 7:13 am

I got this email as well yesterday followed swiftly by an apology email stating that the previous email had been sent in error.

I'm disappointed now, I really wanted to review that flight from 2 years ago
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:41 am

I received an email as well, requesting I review my Dublin to Manchester flight from 2014!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:47 am

I'm in a quandry

My email was regarding a flight from OPO to STN.

Do I respond about the flight that I took 6 months ago or the one that I'm scheduled for in June?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.