Buy TAP J ticket or use miles

Old Jan 29, 2016, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: continental one pass, delta skymiles, platinum american express
Buy TAP J ticket or use miles

Happy Friday,

I will need a one way ticket from Morocco to Lisbon ( 6 day stopover) and on to Barcelona. Do TAP tickets permit stopovers? Is the one way price almost the same as a round trip? Is it better to buy it or use miles. I have Starwood points (80k) 115k with United, 176k with BA, and 75k with Iberia (if it would be possible to do this routing with Iberia). Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Are you really so adamant on a ticket in J? It's euro style business class with a blocked middle seat. And flights of lrss than two hours (while you pay a premium of miles it being Northern Africa to Europe!). Flights on Iberia are likely to be operated by Vueling anyway..

Given a ticket on Vueling or Ryanair costs a mere 40 euros max, it really sounds like a waste of miles on such a short route!
Old Jan 30, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I did a similar trip some time back. Similar, but ending up in Madrid and (of course) in economy. I flew Casablanca to Lisbon on Iberia with a Madrid transfer: then went back to Madrid a couple of weeks' later.

I accepted the less convenient journey through the Madrid as it was much less than half the TP fare (non-stop flights). Around $120 v $300.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.