Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The RYANAIR thread

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 12:06 am

@bfwolf You will need to clear UK immigration and retrieve your luggage. Presuming you do not hold a passport issued in the EU, you also need to go through ryanair document verification process before starting check in for the second flight.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by bfwolf
I’m a USA citizen arriving Saturday at EMA at 12:30 pm from Spain. I’m flying to Poland from EMA same day at 18:10. These are 2 separate tickets. I will have a checked bag.

3 questions:

1) Do I have to go through immigration and customs at EMA and then come back through security after dropping my bag at check in landside?

2) Will I be able to drop my bag off at EMA straight away or is it possible I’ll be too early for bag drop?

3) If I get through immigration quickly, I’d love to catch the second half of the Tottenham match. Is there any place landside, airside, or near the airport to watch?
1) Ryanair don't do connecting flights - so you will definitely have to go landside once you arrive at EMA

2) Ryanair have departures throughout the day from EMA - so I would hope you'd be able to check in straight away

3) You might want to send a tweet to EMA and ask them - would be a shame to go airside too early and miss the match
Old May 14, 2019, 7:48 am

Warning - Ryanair sells Fast Track Security for Schengen flights ex-FRA, but there is no actual Fast Track there. Reported to them via support chat, they promised to refund the Fast Track fee and to look into it.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Warning - Ryanair sells Fast Track Security for Schengen flights ex-FRA, but there is no actual Fast Track there. Reported to them via support chat, they promised to refund the Fast Track fee and to look into it.
Better tell Blacklane. They're selling them too.

https://pass.blacklane.com/fast-track/fra

And these guys:

https://frankfurtfasttrack.com/
Old May 15, 2019, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Better tell Blacklane. They're selling them too.

https://pass.blacklane.com/fast-track/fra

And these guys:

https://frankfurtfasttrack.com/
These guys sell full VIP treatment. This is available in FRA (you can also book it directly with the airport).

Ryanair offers just a fast track lane at security for a much more modest amount. And that's not available in FRA Terminal 2 (I got an email confirmation from the airport, since I complained to them first).
Old May 15, 2019, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
These guys sell full VIP treatment. This is available in FRA (you can also book it directly with the airport).

Ryanair offers just a fast track lane at security for a much more modest amount. And that's not available in FRA Terminal 2 (I got an email confirmation from the airport, since I complained to them first).
Got you. Handy to clarify as the first post might deter others from looking any further.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Question 10kg hold baggage size restrictions?

asking on behalf of my sister, who has arranged a package holiday through thomas cook which unfortunately involves ryanair flights. She was offered 10kg of hold baggage for about 10 quid per person each way, which she accepted. And then bought a lightweight IT brand suitcase as she realised that 10k isn't much!

I looked into this for her and according to the ryanair websites there is also size restriction on this "special offer" - it's basically the cabin bag limits of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm . (source : https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful...nsar_696869348 section 8.3.1 third para)

Another page ( https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful...g-check-in-bag ) doesn't help because it doesn't specify a size limit in the text but the photo does. The photo shows the bigger size for priority boarding yet the text mentions the smaller size for under seat!

My sister contacted thomas cook to query this, and they came back with this reply :

we have spoken to their live chat team which have advised me there is no size restriction on the 10kgs bag, this is because it'll be going in the hold and not underneath the seat in front, as that's what the measurements are for; the 55cm x 40cm x 20cm one.
Now, the size they quote above is for the larger bag with priority boarding, the under seat limits are actually 40cm x 20cm x 25cm , so it seems that even ryanair support personal don't understand the rules!

So my question is, has anyone here done the 10kg checked bag with a bag larger than a cabin bag of 55x40x20, and if so was it accepted without question or charged as if a full size 20k drop?

Cheers
TT
Old May 27, 2019, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by travellingtechie
asking on behalf of my sister, who has arranged a package holiday through thomas cook which unfortunately involves ryanair flights. She was offered 10kg of hold baggage for about 10 quid per person each way, which she accepted. And then bought a lightweight IT brand suitcase as she realised that 10k isn't much!

I looked into this for her and according to the ryanair websites there is also size restriction on this "special offer" - it's basically the cabin bag limits of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm . (source : https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful...nsar_696869348 section 8.3.1 third para)

Another page ( https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful...g-check-in-bag ) doesn't help because it doesn't specify a size limit in the text but the photo does. The photo shows the bigger size for priority boarding yet the text mentions the smaller size for under seat!

My sister contacted thomas cook to query this, and they came back with this reply :

Now, the size they quote above is for the larger bag with priority boarding, the under seat limits are actually 40cm x 20cm x 25cm , so it seems that even ryanair support personal don't understand the rules!

So my question is, has anyone here done the 10kg checked bag with a bag larger than a cabin bag of 55x40x20, and if so was it accepted without question or charged as if a full size 20k drop?

Cheers
TT
I haven't checked in a 10kg bag since November (now do speedy boarding to take it on-board) but I've attached a screenshot of a boarding pass from back then. Key wording is "both must fit into our sizer".
Old May 27, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BruceyBonus
I haven't checked in a 10kg bag since November (now do speedy boarding to take it on-board) but I've attached a screenshot of a boarding pass from back then. Key wording is "both must fit into our sizer".
Thanks, that's helpful. It does suggest the customer service agent was mistaken. I'll pass it on.

Cheers
TT
Old May 27, 2019, 1:46 am

Thanks, that's helpful. It does suggest the customer service agent was mistaken. I'll pass it on.

Cheers
TT
Also, the page you previously quoted (https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful...g-check-in-bag) confirms this.

The photo shows the bag you check-in (55x40x20), whilst the text refers to the second bag which you can take on-board (40x20x25) in addition to the checked in bag.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: GGL/GFL
Missing the first leg of a roundtrip ticket on Ryanair?

I bought what i assume is a roundtrip ticket (although perhaps ryanair just sells each sector individually?)
I now cannot make the first leg (outbound flight) and will be arriving at the destination via another country on another day
I still need to take the return flight.
i cannot cancel the first sector or change it to after my return.
does ryanair cancel the remainder of a ticket if you miss a sector like most airlines or is it different?
Old May 29, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by studio76
Missing the first leg of a roundtrip ticket on Ryanair?

I bought what i assume is a roundtrip ticket (although perhaps ryanair just sells each sector individually?)
I now cannot make the first leg (outbound flight) and will be arriving at the destination via another country on another day
I still need to take the return flight.
i cannot cancel the first sector or change it to after my return.
does ryanair cancel the remainder of a ticket if you miss a sector like most airlines or is it different?
Ryanair don't cancel the return sector, you can use it without needing to do anything (other than check-in as per usual). See third paragraph at https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful...efunds/refunds.

Despite their negative points, Ryanair do have some great positives: no overbooking and no cancellation of return tickets.
studio76 and george77300 like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by BruceyBonus
Ryanair don't cancel the return sector, you can use it without needing to do anything (other than check-in as per usual). See third paragraph at https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful...efunds/refunds.

Despite their negative points, Ryanair do have some great positives: no overbooking and no cancellation of return tickets.
and the same also applies to LaudaMotion flights as well. i checked it with Ryanair - and it worked for my sister recently !
studio76 and george77300 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond

Cheers
TT
Possibly unofficial, but the 10kg bag you are checking in can be larger than the specified size as long as the weight is 10kg (or 10.9kg max, whatever the bag drop machines accept depending on your overall baggage allowance).
The odd person at MAN brings say 26"-30" cases of 9.9kg and they if they weigh fine on the machines (the machines can't tell how big the bag is anyway so only go by weight), a tag is printed without an issue.
Desk agents should accept these as well.

Bringing an oversized bag to the gate as Priority or non-priority would get you a Ł50 charge, although a little discretion might apply depending on who is boarding and how big the bag is compared to the gauge

Pretty much, if it's the correct size and has wheels (or is say a solidly packed holdall), it's a CABIN bag that only Priority can bring to the plane. A lot of the really small hard cases with wheels fit in the top sizer but the wheels add 2-3" to the bag, putting it outside of the dimensions of the gauge, therefore making it a CABIN bag which is chargeable)
If it's squashable, most of the time it will be fine as a SMALL bag. i.e handbag, backpack, gym bag sort of thing.
travellingtechie likes this.

Last edited by xenole; Jun 6, 2019 at 10:57 am
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Did anyone else see the news stories this morning about a Ryanair flight that diverted to Bordeaux due to an emergency?

The only reason I noticed this one is because I woke up this morning to a bunch of phone alerts about it. The original story said simply "mid-air emergency" and that the aircraft "flew a loop" as it was approaching Bordeaux. Naturally, the idea of a commercial airliner flying a loop had me suddenly wide awake, wondering if the airframe and its passengers all survived it intact. What likely happened is that some journalism intern doesn't know how to interpret a flight tracker website and interpreted the plane's course changes to align to a runway as flying a loop.

All of the online versions of the article that I can find right now simply state that it was a minor medical situation. No mention of extreme aerobatics.

Anyone else get these phone alerts? Google knows I follow aviation news...that's why I get them.

On the positive side, I did find all sorts of online articles speculating about whether airliners can fly loops, barrel-rolls, and other aerobatic tricks without structural damage. (General consensus is "no".) A test pilot successfully barrel-rolled a 707, so there's that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.