Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

How to Determine IcelandAir Fare Class

Old Oct 12, 15, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Not sure how to find out from the itinerary I have booked on the website. Thank you!
Old Oct 13, 15, 3:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
FI uses Amadeus Altea, so you can look at checkmytrip.com too.
Old Oct 14, 15, 11:49 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM FI Saga Gold
If you purchased your ticket on the Icelandair website, they send you an e-mail that contains your e-ticket as a pdf file.

When you open this file, look below the line by line itinerary, and you will see several lines, such as airfare, taxes and fees, total airfare, and so on.

Look for the line that says "fare basis", as this is the actual fare you paid on a flight by flight basis.

If the fare basis ends in saga, you have a saga class fare; ends in plus, you have an economy plus fare, any thing else is in coach, and might say flex, econ. or spec.

Hope this helps, but what are you trying to learn? The class you have should be on the top right of the pdf file in big letters...Saga Class, Economy Comfort, or Economy.

Last edited by Donna49; Oct 14, 15 at 11:55 am
Old Oct 14, 15, 1:10 pm
Company Representative, Icelandair

Hi TheAJ,

If you would like, you can send your information via private message and we can quickly check for you!

Take care!
Old Nov 6, 16, 2:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, NZ Gold, QF Gold
How can I determine the fare class in advance of purchase? I'd like to purchase a full mileage-earning fare for AS; will Economy Flex usually accomplish this?
Old Jan 23, 17, 4:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, *A Silver, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
I'm wondering the same - particularly for banking miles flown on FI to AS. It'd be really helpful to know what fare classes matched Economy Special, Economy and Economy Flex.

I've tried searching for ITA Matrix restricted to fare classes M, B, K & Q (earns 100% when credited to AS), but none of the resulting prices match the Economy Flex prices on icelandair.com

Most of the economy fares that I can match appear to map the N class to Economy Special and H, L, S & O to standard Economy.

For now, I guess the only way to really know is to pay the extra fee to book over the phone with an agent, or just book Economy Comfort or Saga, where the class is obvious.
Old Jan 24, 17, 5:36 pm

Programs: FI Gold, BA Bronze, SK Silver
Originally Posted by dadamn View Post
I'm wondering the same - particularly for banking miles flown on FI to AS. It'd be really helpful to know what fare classes matched Economy Special, Economy and Economy Flex.

I've tried searching for ITA Matrix restricted to fare classes M, B, K & Q (earns 100% when credited to AS), but none of the resulting prices match the Economy Flex prices on icelandair.com

Most of the economy fares that I can match appear to map the N class to Economy Special and H, L, S & O to standard Economy.

For now, I guess the only way to really know is to pay the extra fee to book over the phone with an agent, or just book Economy Comfort or Saga, where the class is obvious.
Also note that it appears that recently "T" became an Economy Flex fare (and the cheapest one).
Old Jan 30, 17, 6:35 am

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
Originally Posted by IcelandairCS View Post
Hi TheAJ,

If you would like, you can send your information via private message and we can quickly check for you!

Take care!
qft
Old Feb 9, 17, 12:43 pm

Hijacking this thread a bit ... is it possible to book a rt on FI with only the outbound in EC? That doesn't seem to be an option on the FI website, short of booking separate one-ways, which seems to inflate the price quite a bit.
Old Mar 6, 17, 12:18 pm

Has anyone received pm replies from Icelandair's rep, who chimed in on this thread a while earlier? I've got a query in, but no response.
Old Mar 8, 17, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by LGACIC View Post
Hijacking this thread a bit ... is it possible to book a rt on FI with only the outbound in EC? That doesn't seem to be an option on the FI website, short of booking separate one-ways, which seems to inflate the price quite a bit.
Yes that is not an issue.
Old Mar 8, 17, 11:04 am

Thanks for the response. How does one do it? Only over the phone?
Old Mar 11, 17, 5:17 am

Nope, I can easly select in when booking online,,, I think it is only if you are booking multi-leg through the web interface that you would need to call an agent.

But for round trips it is easy
Old Sep 2, 17, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
bump.

It seems silly that one cannot easily determine the fare exact fare class from reading reservation booked at icelandair.com. I also want to know how many AS miles such a flight would earn.
Old Sep 3, 17, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond
Agree that we need to somehow see the codes to get full AS miles.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: