Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

How to Determine IcelandAir Fare Class

How to Determine IcelandAir Fare Class

Old Oct 16, 18, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Discoverist, Carlson Gld, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by mausmaus View Post
Correct. Class A is Economy Comfort. Because that cabin went away in the spring, everyone with booked tickets within a certain window of time will get a Saga upgrade instead, but they're still Y seats on the awards front. It's a nice perk of the phaseout, since it includes a few amenities that EC+ never did when it existed.

However, it accrues AS miles like a premium Y ticket because that's what it is and always was. Y, E, and A were Economy Comfort and were never J cabin fares. Occasionally, EC+ passengers would get a Saga seat on a space-available basis, but it didn't include the Saga food or other amenities. Interestingly, E is now "discount" Saga (cf. C, D, J "true" Saga fares) and Y and A are now just high-fare Economy (won't even get a Saga seat once the EC+ ticketing phaseout is complete).

I'm assuming you've confirmed that your seats are indeed in the J cabin, in which case you've gotten it done inside the window.
Yes our seats are in Row 3 on all four flights (we could choose from Row 1 onwards) and those appear to be Saga seats in all configurations of the 757. We also get two free bags each and free meal selections (generically labeled Saga chicken, Saga fish etc.). Vancouver-Paris roundtrip, USD1210 per pax.
Old Nov 15, 18, 1:19 pm

Programs: This game has lost its luster.
I received a flight schedule change email for FI862 SFO KEF. The booking class is listed as P. There is no P on the Alaska Airlines site. Can anyone shed some light on this?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...er-overview:FI
Old Nov 28, 18, 9:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Discoverist, Carlson Gld, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, SPG Silver
FYI Alaska Airlines has recently updated their mileage earning chart to reflect the new fare classes on Icelandair. A class fares are now bona-fide Saga fares:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ers/icelandair
Old Dec 6, 18, 5:11 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I flew FI back in October in Saga on an A fare ticket. I had some flight alerts configured and got lucky and bought the ticket on the day they eliminated Premium Economy which resulted in a Saga experience at a Premium Economy price, before they re-adjusted the prices. Pretty nice deal.

Anyway, even back in Oct those miles posted at the 1.25 rate AS now has posted on their site. Was a little uncertain what I'd get, but figured at the very least I'd get 100% which was what I needed to help with my AS status.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 pm

Fare class issue.

[left][QUOTE=IcelandairCS;25564495

I have same issue. Called Iceland Air and was told there is no such thing as a fare code. I read them off the website fare class info but to no avail. I booked Saga Class but Alaska Airlines told me it was class A. I asked how to book class C, D or J and Alaska advises call Iceland. I called the 2nd time and told same thing “no such thing” as fare class. What gives?!? Any help would be appreciated. [/left]