Baggage Policy on Wizz Air?

Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Baggage Policy on Wizz Air?

I'm flying Wizz Air in a couple weeks (SOF-CRL), and I prepaid for a "large" cabin bag (up to 56x45x25cm). My question, do I still get a small cabin bag for free? (In the U.S., you can bring a piece of luggage for the overhead and a personal item which fits under the seat -- which I believe would be equivalent to one large and one small cabin bag based on Wizz Air's descriptions.)

The baggage policy on their website isn't clear on this, but I did find a press release from when they changed their policy in 2012, which states:

Cabin baggage policy: 1 small cabin bag OR 1 large cabin bag per pax. Goods purchased at the airport after security will also be allowed in the cabin for free!

So that makes me think that I have to consolidate everything I have into my one large cabin bag?! I don't even get to bring a separate purse?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:13 pm

That's what it sounds like (and such a policy is not uncommon for European LCCs)

Just wear something with large pockets...
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:40 am

When you say "purse", you mean a little one or a large bag? I don't recall seeing people with more than one decent-sized bag going on-board when I took Wizzair. Also, they will give you a tag for your large carry-on bag. I forget whether you need one for your small one.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kakipp
The baggage policy on their website isn't clear on this
Their website is very clear about this - I'm not sure how they could make it any clearer!

They operate a strict "one cabin baggage per passenger" policy. If you turn up with 2 carry-on bags, you will have to pay more to check the larger of the two.

Further down on that page, they state:

In addition, passengers can carry the items listed below:

a coat or blanket
cellular phone
reading material for the flight
for children under the age of two: food for the duration of the flight, foldable baby carriage or a small crib
a pair of crutches for the physically disabled

Passengers carrying more than one piece of cabin baggage will not be allowed to proceed through security and will be required to go back to the check in desk, repack or dispose of the additional pieces of hand luggage.
Make sure your "purse" fits in your carry-on baggage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.