Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 6:14 am

Someone just posted on Facebook that he requested one of the first class seats and the gave it to him. I wouldn't want to get stuck in a middle seat. The Business seats on that plane look awful.

Last edited by Nancy Colson; May 20, 2015 at 6:17 am Reason: typo
Old May 20, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: BA gold, HHonors diamond, IHG rewards gold
exactly! Nancy. There is someone on Tripadvisor that flew yesterday and said it was clean and comfortable but no more details
Old May 20, 2015, 7:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by jenecho
Thanks Oliver. Sorry to be dense- what is EK? Do you mean you think they will have been refitted past the pictures?
EK=Emirates, the past owner of the aircraft:

http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a340-190.htm

I was surmising that Hifly may have refitted the cabin to a different standard to reflect the requirements of B0.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: UA Gold
The seat map on ExpertFlyer for today's (May 20) flight EWR-Luton shows two rows of 2-2-2 in First for 12 seats and six rows of 2-3-2 in Business (middle seats are blocked out) for ~36 seats. Total 48 seats. 6 unassigned seats as of 10:30 am et.

I was assigned the first row in business 6J and 6K. Don't know how people snag First class, but oh well. We'll see what happens, but I was planning on boarding and immediately reclining my seat to go to sleep. If it is the ex-Emirates bird, it looks like my seat would be in the lap of the person behind me. For good karma reasons, I can't recline if the person behind me is eating. Alternative is to drink enough champagne until I can sleep in an upright position.

Blogger Lucky @ One Mile At A Time has a post on the plane, including likely seat photos. Bummer.
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-a340-sort-of/

It will be creepy to cross the Atlantic with 200 empty seats behind me. But still excited!

Last edited by shablamb; May 20, 2015 at 8:50 am
Old May 20, 2015, 12:33 pm

I'd be inclined to go back to an empty economy section and stretch out in peace and quiet in a row of 4...It will be the only flat bed on that flight.

I'd love to know how they decide who gets the 6 "good seats".

I swear I have never had this much drama (and stress) leading up to a flight before.

Last edited by Nancy Colson; May 20, 2015 at 12:48 pm Reason: added additional comment
Old May 20, 2015, 5:00 pm

I called US Customer Service to try to find out how they handle the seating on Hi Fly.

1. She tried to tell me that they don't plan to use the First Class seats so that everyone gets treated equally. I said that's not true. People have already been seated in them. She recanted and said they would be used only if there aren't enough seats in Business Class.

Your original assigned seat with have no impact on where you are seated on HiFly.

2. She confirmed that although she knows the configuration of the HiFly plane, she can not assign seats. She can, however, take requests and forward them to the airport.

3. Finally, I asked about numbers and she said they wouldn't book more people than they could seat in Business Class.

Given how old and awful this plane is, I asked if there is any possibility that they might use another of Hi Fly's more desirable aircraft and she said this one best suits their needs.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I'm on the plane - delayed about an hour due to 'catering' - huh? Not an awful plane. People are seated in first class - don't know how they got it. I don't really care, but a few people are upset that some people have better seats. 'Get over yourself' is my general feeling. No one is assigned middle seat.

Staff is nice... The business class seat is not lay flat but is comfortable. I'm writing this from the ground before the flight tho.... FYI no in seat power. Bottom line - I paid $1007 roundtrip, so I still got a steal. Hopefully I get to experience their actual product on the return to determine if it's worth flying again at a higher price.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:42 am

Thanks for the report. As I understand it actual product is now flying.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: BA gold, HHonors diamond, IHG rewards gold
Nancy- what makes you think that? people wee reporting on HiFly instead as recently as yesterday.
Old May 22, 2015, 5:38 am

@jenecho, On their Facebook page. They said, " Everything is back to normal now and all our passengers will be able to enjoy the 100% business class experience on board of our aircraft."
Old May 22, 2015, 5:09 pm

So much for back to normal. Someone just posted on Facebook that he got an e-mail in the late afternoon that his flight to London tonight was cancelled.

Last edited by Nancy Colson; May 22, 2015 at 7:12 pm Reason: typo
Old May 22, 2015, 5:32 pm

I filed a complaint under the EU regs regarding my flight that was cancelled 3 hours after scheduled departure time a few weeks ago. I was offered a 600 euro voucher to use with La Compagnie in the future. However, my travel partner was offered 600 euros in cash compensation to be put on the credit card he used to book the flight, which is what the EU regs mandate anyway. Our complaint e-mails sent to La Compagnie were almost identical because I sent mine first, then he copied my formatting. In addition, our response e-mails were literally word-for-word identical except for the short 5-6 word section on the type of compensation we were receiving for the cancellation. Sent by the same person too.

I don't understand why I got different treatment. I have been cordial and professional with them despite all of the hassle. My paycheck was docked more than this voucher is worth due to missing a full day of work. So it looks like I will have to go back and contact them again and once more request the 600 euro compensation per the EU regs. I'd prefer not to use one of those services that charges a 25% fee.
Old May 23, 2015, 1:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The Hifly aircraft is back in BRU after working for B0 till May 21. No B0 flight has operated since.
Old May 23, 2015, 4:51 pm

I flew LTN-EWR on the 20th with HiFly and everything went well. The crew were great, the food was very good (especially the lobster salad) and the flight was on time. I am looking forward to the return in a few days on the La Compagnie aircraft (F-HTAG) which is inbound to EWR for today's turnaround as I type this.
I wish the company well and really hope they succeed.
Old May 23, 2015, 5:25 pm

To say we are totally devastated is an understatement. This was a once in a life time trip for us. We haven't had a great time of late and needed a break away to help us relax and forget the distresses we have been dealing with. It took an awful lot of organising due to us having 4 children and 3 dogs. Myself and my partner both work full time so used up 3 days of our holiday entitlement, which cannot get replaced.
We do understand that flights get delayed but what we do not appreciate, is being lied too and left with little communication.

On arrival at Luton airport, we were met by a gentleman who informed us the flight was delayed until 830pm. Not handled as I would have expected, as little sympathy given. But we shrugged it off and headed off to the aspire "lounge". The word used loosely. It was a building site. Hot, sweaty and not relaxing in the slightest.

At around 6pm the captain came in to announce that the flight was delayed and it was still in Papillon, as the paper work had not been filled out properly. He did apologise and said as soon as he knows more, he would let us know. He waited in the lounge for a little while, eating the snacks that were available and answering peoples questions.

Around 1 hour later, he returned with "Good news" the plane had left Papillon and he was looking to have us leave at 2345pm. He informed us he had been given authorisation to travel faster, even though it uses double the amount of fuel, but that way, it should help us gain 45 minutes from our travelling time.
I mentioned that it wasn't a very premium service and the captains reply was, "you are not paying £8000 for your ticket, which is what you would normally pay." I said that is not the price on other airlines. He walked off mumbling that he was not there to argue about costs.
He was implying we should all be grateful that we had cheap seats. We all took that as a complete insult.

From around 7pm to 10pm we had no communication at all. We persisted to ask the service air lady to get someone down as we want an update. She did ring numerous times and told us someone was on the way.
No one came. I took the initiative to check on line for the flight. To get some sort of update. To my surprise, the flight hadn't even left Papillon. People in the lounge were getting very angry.

At 1145pm we had another lady come into the lounge to tell us it had been cancelled. I asked had the plane actually ever left, as the captain told us it had. She replied no. The captain did not say that.

She explained we can travel tomorrow evening, but she wasn't sure if it was guaranteed to fly. As we had only booked a 3 night trip, it was not worth us travelling out. She explained we would get a refund and a new flight.

We asked how long will it take for our refund. She didn't know.

It's an absolute disgrace. Unorganised, unprofessional and a complete disregard for anyone's feelings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.