Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, ExecClub
Not sure about their schedule issues, but they operate several non-direct flights on some dates in May (eg 6th, 8th...) with LTN-CDG-EWR flights, EWR-LTN-CDG, etc. Not really the expected service
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:36 pm

Definitely not the expected service.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:50 pm

It seems they have started their London operation but they have only one aircraft at the moment. So they cancel many Paris or London flights, and sometimes operate Paris-London-Newark or London-Paris-Newark. On certain dates in May the trip takes 14 hours with the stop! It doesn't smell good at all...
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:50 am

I called them yesterday because I am scheduled to fly them in early June. They told me that the 2nd aircraft should be flying by May 15.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:47 pm

The length of the stopover in Paris is clearly too short. Totally unrealistic in CDG. The flight won't land in Luton at the time they announce, that's very clear. Also you buy a direct flight and this become a flight with a stop...a bit shocking! They should have postponed their London launch instead of impacting their customers like this. If you land more than 3 hours late you can request compensations from them.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, ExecClub
@Keroaddict - totally agree. Surprisingly, we didn't hear much from them about this... Hope their clients did!! I would change my plan for a direct service if I was in that situation.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I have not seen anything offcial on these schedule changes. Could someone provide a concrete example (ie an e-mail from La Compagnie)?

Flying May 13 to London... 9 days away. I can still book the flight on their website and I haven't received an e-mail of any schedule change.
Old May 6, 2015, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold
May 13 EWR-Luton cancelled. Just received e-mail.

Rebooked on May 15. F U LA COMPAGNIE. You can't rebook a trip less than a week out.
Old May 7, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
sounds like a shambles...
Old May 11, 2015, 1:45 am

I have a flight with them from Luton to EWR on 23/05, returning 01/06, hoping it all goes well and then will leave a note here.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:11 am

After receiving notice back in April that the May 1st EWR-LTN flight was cancelled, I had to wait several days to hear back from someone at headquarters (in response to several emails I sent). The 1-800 number was only good for reservations.

After several calls with headquarters, I was switched to the May 1st EWR to CDG flight, then La Compagnie booked me on a BA flight from CDG to LHR that departed a few hours later. This was regular economy, but I don't think any better class was available on this small plane. I still ended up in London on the same day, albeit a few hours later.

As for the actual flight, I really enjoyed it, especially since I went in with lowered expectations. The flight attendants were very friendly, the food was fairly good, the specialty champagne was surprisingly delicious, and the flight was smooth and quiet. I slept most of the way. I would have liked a better movie selection on the Samsung tablet, but I was too busy sleeping to enjoy a full movie anyway.

There is strangely no partition between the seats, so I imagine it would be very awkward to sleep on a red eye flight next to a stranger.

The EWR to CDG flight was also delayed by about 45 minutes, which made me worry about my connection to LHR. However, we still landed right on time. You also get skip-the-line passes for immigration.

Finally, the lounge in EWR was just okay. Fairly small. Only two bathroom stalls that were somewhat dirty. On the day I was there, available foods included salads, cookies, chips and salsa, crudités, chicken skewers, grilled vegetables, polenta, pretzels, and a few other things I'm forgetting. The drink selection was decent, though the bar was incredibly tiny.

I'm waiting on my return LTN to EWR flight now. This is my first time at LTN, and I am absolutely not a fan, though that's not La Compagnie's fault. Because their check-in counter isn't open yet, I'm unable to get passes for the airport lounge here.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The issue appears to be stability. Clearly there is good value when the service operates. For the money, it's more than good value. The problem is, as with many of these micro-operations, there is no flex in the system which allows them to adjust.

You either need to be really flexible or have a tremendous amount of time to put into fixing problems and possibly fighting for years afterward about EC 261/2004 when it might apply.
Old May 11, 2015, 3:00 pm

Someone just posted on Facebook, that she got an e-mail six hours in advance of her flight tonight that the flight has been cancelled. I'm speechless.
Old May 11, 2015, 4:14 pm

My Luton flight tonight was cancelled 3 hours after it was scheduled to depart, too late for me to find another flight out tonight. The CDG flight was also cancelled.

Apparently La Compagnie was going CDG to LTN, then picking up LTN passengers, then LTN to EWR. While in the lounge, everyone was tracking the CDG flight and wondering why it hadn't departed yet. Funny that someone got an email 6 hours in advance. I never got an email. Still waiting to see how La Compagnie will be getting me back home.
Old May 11, 2015, 5:50 pm

@jesslonguf, The e-mail was concerning tonight's flight from EWR to LUT. When your flight was cancelled that meant no aircraft at EWR tonight for the return flight to London and/or Paris. They gave people about six hours notice. What a mess!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.