Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian Euro short hop hand baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond

Do Norwegian enforce the hand baggage weight limits?
Expecting my Briggs & Riley 22" carry-on to be around 12-14kg (flying Stockholm ARN to Oslo OSL) and it says 10kg for hand baggage.

If I can get away without checking the bag, it would help, but should have enough time if I have to collect it before a connection to another airline.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I've flown Norwegian dozens of times and I never had any trouble getting (slightly overweight) hand luggage on board. Just make sure your hand luggage isn't too big: I've seen people who had to leave their luggage to be checked in because of size, not because of weight. And don't make it too obvious that you're carrying something slightly heavy, of course...

You're also allowed to bring one personal item on board. If you want to be sure your hand luggage is within the 10kg limit, you can always put something compact of 2 to 4 kg in a plastic bag or so and bring it on board that way...
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Bags weighed sometimes on flights from Edinburgh to Oslo....local advice is 7Kg max compared with 10Kg on booking. EDI checkin staff are unnecesssarily confrontational. Personally I fly Ryanair from Edinburgh to Oslo (Rygge) as service and staff are vastly superior. BTW I also fly 100k + miles on full service airlines so that is the context of my comparison....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.