Search

FR6674 - delays and turbulence

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
FR6674 - delays and turbulence

Wow - first of all I quite like Ryanair - low cost flights with convenient schedules to places I want to go.

FR6673 LPL-NOC on December 23rd and virtually flawless. Came back today on FR6674 - inbound arrived 20 minutes early. So far great. Then we get what is rare -SNOW. Anyway they cleared the runway and deiced so we took off about 30 minutes late. Anyway a few minutes into the flight, some turbulence followed by a plummet. (probably on acouple of meters) and loads started screaming. Captain comes on and says "Cabin Crew be seated". Quite a few were praying!! Appropriate as we had just taken off from NOC as Knock is one of the most famous Catholic shrines in Europe.

Rest of flight was fine -but poor old Ryanair - could not do their usual sale of drinks/snacks, gifts etc.

Someone also freaked out about a few drips of water. Purser/lead FA had to reassure them it was only condensation from the AC and was totally normal. I had to reassure a few passengers also.

737-800 aircraft. Did not get the tail number.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Dec 30, 2014 at 3:39 am Reason: airport corrected
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
...and now we just wait for a few passengers to contact the news to blame FR for this to have happened. It's obvious that there wouldn't be any snow, condensation or turbulence with a more expensive or service minded legacy airline, of course.

Anyway, thanks for posting. And happy to see you made it back in one piece.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Have flown this route, usually cheaper than MAN-SNN.

Funny little airport, love the statue of Virgin Mary on the apron. Is there still a £10 departure tax?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
CORRECTED Original post - LPL-NOC-LPL not MAN sorry!

Originally Posted by UltraRant
...and now we just wait for a few passengers to contact the news to blame FR for this to have happened. It's obvious that there wouldn't be any snow, condensation or turbulence with a more expensive or service minded legacy airline, of course.

Anyway, thanks for posting. And happy to see you made it back in one piece.
ROTFLOL- you are so correct or the ubiquitous "Thats it, I am never flying Ryanair again!" It is all their fault we had bad weather and a storm system over Ireland.

Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
Have flown this route, usually cheaper than MAN-SNN.

Funny little airport, love the statue of Virgin Mary on the apron. Is there still a £10 departure tax?
Agreed - although we have flown FlyBe in those Q-400 Dash 8s MAN-NOC, I do find the schedule and Boeing 737 to be far better and price perhaps a little cheaper. Also, the parking at LPL is getting better and the cost a little lower.

Yes they stillhave the 10 Euro departure tax (airport development tax)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.