Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updates on lounges at STN?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2014, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Updates on lounges at STN?

Hi, does anyone know what's the latest plans for the lounges at STN? I read in an earlier thread that there is no longer any plan to reopen the lounge in the main terminal, but that the No. 1 lounge will remain open:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/budge...ast-track.html
But now on the No. 1 website I see that this lounge will close permanently on 25/12/2014:
http://www.no1traveller.com/stansted...FaIMcwodoBAAZw

I'd be grateful for any info/gossip since I'm planning a few routings through STN for next year but need somewhere to work.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 2:17 am

It's > 3 months since I was there, but there were signs in the central area saying new lounges were on their way.

Airport Angels website currently says:

A new lounge will open its door begininng of 2015 - Date to be advised.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks, that's just what I wanted to hear!
Old Dec 6, 2014, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by phileas_frog
Thanks, that's just what I wanted to hear!
I would wait until it I see it if I were you.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:19 am

A new lounge at Stansted, called the Escape Lounge, is due to open in February 2015. It'll be in the main departure lounge, rather than on one of the piers. "Escape Lounge" is I think a MAG brand - they already exist at Manchester Airport (all terminals) and also at East Midlands Airport.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Cheers, that's good to know! I've been to the one in MAN a few times, thought it was fairly decent. Seems then there will be nothing available during January.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:53 pm

The Airport Angels website, and also Stansted's own one, now say the new lounge is due to open in Spring 2015, so delayed already.

Does anyone have more specific information on an opening date?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Nope, no news. I was there on Wednesday and didn't see any evidence of a lounge almost ready for opening.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:36 pm

It's to be on a mezzanine level if that's any help in identifying it.

I've got a month yet before flying (with a lengthy stopover at STN), but not holding out much hope.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
It's to be on a mezzanine level if that's any help in identifying it.
I didn't even see a mezzanine level

Last week I stayed landside for a while between flights. Did some work in Costa Coffee, but it wasn't ideal. Next transit is also in about 1 month. Not holding out hope...
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by phileas_frog
I didn't even see a mezzanine level
That was my first thought when I read it too.

It also says it will provide easy access to all the gates which seems an impossibility to me, but lets wait and see what transpires.

http://www.stanstedairport.com/stans...ilities/lounge
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
They are probably creating a mezzanine level above some of the units that have been built. The new JD Wetherspoon Windmill bar definitely has something above it.

If it has easy access to all gates then it can only be in the main building. I'm flying out on Thursday so I'll have a good look.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:20 am

An internet search revealed this webpage on the Stansted website, which says the lounge is open - but don't be deceived, as in reality it's not yet open - said page is obviously in preparation for its (presumably fairly imminent) opening. If you navigate the links via the main website you still get to this page saying the lounge is opening in "spring 2015".

However the page does provide some info as to the services it will offer, including menus, and also explains its location:

The lounge is situated on a mezzanine floor in the main departure lounge area. The entrance to the lounge is located between Coast to Coast and Pret a Manger.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Originally Posted by Mizter T
An internet search revealed this webpage on the Stansted website, which says the lounge is open - but don't be deceived, as in reality it's not yet open - said page is obviously in preparation for its (presumably fairly imminent) opening. If you navigate the links via the main website you still get to this page saying the lounge is opening in "spring 2015".

However the page does provide some info as to the services it will offer, including menus, and also explains its location:
That confirms my view that the mezzanine level is above the JD Wetherspoon pub.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Gaza
I'm flying out on Thursday so I'll have a good look.
Did you spot anything, or get any indication of an opening date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.